Feature request: separate settings on metered networks for downloads/streams

• In the Android app, the setting in “Storage & data use”/”Warn before using data” does not do what it says in the description when it comes to downloads. The description reads: 

“Warn before allowing metered networks to download or stream episodes”

But there is no warning for downloads with this setting enabled, instead downloads are silently queued.

I think it would make much more sense to have separate settings for streams and downloads on metered networks, with more choices for downloads. 

For streams, the current warning/no warning setting makes sense. I would set this to no warning as the amount of mobile data that I risk being used by streaming is pretty limited, and I won’t want to have to take out my phone to dismiss the warning.

For downloads, I think the following three choices would cover all scenarios:

• Download immediately. E.g. for people with unlimited mobile data plans (since AFAIK there is no reliable way to automatically detect these).
    • Queue download. Will download later when connected to unmetered WiFi. This is what happens currently with the warning setting enabled.
    • Ask. This would be my preferred setting as I usually want to queue downloads, but when I’m on a train and know that network coverage will be patchy I sometimes want to download stuff even on my metered mobile connection.
  • Hello @e3e2c34fe324b6d

Thanks for your feedback. I’d be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf.

Reply to Feature request: separate settings on metered networks for downloads/streams