Progress sync not working with new Sonos App

• Hello,

don’t know on which end the problem is (Sonos or Pocket Casts), but with the new released Sonos App and Web App the progress of podcasts are not synced back to pocket casts. With the old Sonos app it worked.

Kind regards
    Martin

• Hi there, @martina289f39a7c

Interesting. It would be a good idea to report the issue to the Sonos team since this issue started happening since you started using the new Sonos app.

They might have changed something which is causing this issue.

• Hi @staff-joey8, I have this issue too. Certainly the forced app update from Sonos has caused this issue. The Pocket Casts service is now seriously degraded on their platform. From your response, I can infer that Sonos have not communicated that to you. As a service provider on the Sonos platform, is there anything that you can do to apply pressure to Sonos?

• @dowlo Our developers are already looking into this issue and will coordinate with Sonos, if needed. We hope to have the integration working better soon!

• Having this same issue so subscribing here to get updates. Sync integration is one of my favorite features, so hopefully this gets resolved soon!

• @eriktheweb I can confirm that we are looking into it :)

• just registering so I’ll see updates. Really missing the Sonos integration and had to revert to using Google podcasts (till it’s killed it in June) to keep synchronisation.

Sonos seems to have lost a load of features in moving to the new app. Just wondering what sort of timescales Sonos is working to to resolve less widespread issues.

• @riddoch571c935875 I can imagine that this isn’t ideal. We also don’t have an ETA from our side, but it is actively being looked into.

• as of the latest Android app Version 80.02.05 that appeared on the 3rd June sync now seems to be partially working.

the playlist feature has return, the first podcast I listened to started back at the start but the pocket cast app is keeping up to date and showing the progress of currently podcast that is being listened to on my Sonos.

• @riddoch571c935875 I’m glad to hear things are improving with the latest update!

now seems to be partially working

If there’s anything that still isn’t working as expected now, could you let us know?

• i couldn’t quite confirm but it felt like the first podcast you added to a playlist played from the start but not the last listened position.

however there has been further updates and that now seems to be working. But I have to created and view the playlist in the windows app as my android one doesn’t show the playlist in the current version but did in the previous one.

• Thank you for the clarification on this. I’m glad to hear that you have a workaround in the meantime, hopefully there will be a resolution to these issues soon.

• actully I can also create playlists in the android Sonos app but only view them in the windows version.

Also if created in android the first podcast doesn’t update its position but all the subsequent one work fine. Really odd that it is different for the first in the list.

but it’s definitely usable now and much better than it was.

• Still not working on IOS

• I can’t test the latest update as I’m unable to add Pocket Casts to my Services in the Sonos app. It just says “Pocket Casts wasn’t added. Something went wrong.” Any thoughts on how to fix that?

• We’ve heard reports that the issues with Sonos are now resolved. Can you try using Sonos and Pocket Casts now and let us know if your issues persist?

• Sadly today’s update to the Sonos app hasn’t resolved the Authorization bug for me yet. I might try uninstalling one or both.

• Uninstall and reinstall of both apps did not make a difference.

I’m a developer and have plenty of tech experience. If there’s a way to try a debug build of the Pocket Casts app, I’m willing to install that to gather some logs through adb.

• Hi @eriktheweb!

This has been escalated to our developers. However, it will likely take some time to address this particular issue, which unfortunately I don’t have an exact timeframe on.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime!

• Just wanted to add to the chorus here – sadly the sync between Sonos and the other PC apps (iOS and Android Automotive) that I use is totally busted. It will often show some of the in-process podcasts but it will not do anything beyond start from the beginning.

Reply to Progress sync not working with new Sonos App