Feedback Button Block-More settings inaccessible

• Howdy – It looks like there’s an issue with accessing and editing the Feedback Button Block’s settings in the right sidebar of the Post/Page Editor. https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/feedback-button-block/#block-settings

Clicking anywhere outside the Feedback button block itself closes the block and so closes the block settings as well. (temp screenshot)

Win10Pro PC using Firefox 98.0.2 (64-bit)

Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Jennifer,

That’s definitely broken, yes. Thanks for reporting.

I’ve opened a bug report for our developers to check this.

I did notice it’s only an issue in the post/page editor. If you add the block to a page template instead in the site editor, or in a widget area on a classic theme, then it works fine. So it should still work for people who want the button to appear site-wide. But if you only want it on a particular post or page, that won’t work at the moment.

• Thank you.

Just to clarify one point, are email notifications of new responses enabled by default? (Note the setting in the sidebar.)

• Just to clarify one point, are email notifications of new responses enabled by default?

It should be, yes.

• Thank you @staff-heroponriki Perhaps it would be worthwhile adding that information to the Results section I linked to?

• Hey @justjennifer,

Added!

Email notifications of new responses via email are enabled by default. You can toggle the radio button next to Send me responses via email to disable the notifications.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Thanks @staff-doublebassd!

• Hi folks, I’m not sure whether this is intentional, and so resolved or not, but the feedback button in the Editor no longer floats over the content as before, regardless of the button position I choose. It now appears *after* the Page content. I had to use List view to make sure it was actually there.

• Hi Jennifer,

I’d expect this to be intentional, as this way it’s always visible/expanded in the editor, while never obscuring the actual post/page content.

Incidentally, it looks like the Settings panel is also now working while the block is selected. Is that working on your end as well?

• It is, Herman.

However I just noticed that the right side of the feedback block is cut off.
    (temp screenshot)

• Hi Jennifer,

I’m trying to replicate that. Can you please tell me what theme are you using on your test site?

• Hi Fotis, it’s not on my test site, but on my primary site, wpcommaven using Dalston. Thanks.

• Hey @justjennifer,

I just tested the feedback button from my end while under your site from both Chrome and Safari and wasn’t able to replicate the issue. I take it may be a FireFox issue, but will confirm that in a sec.

Have you tried to see if that same cut-off happens under a different browser?

• Hi Darnell, The feedback button block was initially added to the index page, which has both a latest posts block and a query loop block. I don’t know if that makes any difference, but I see the feedback button block cut off on the right both on that page and the welcome page where it also appears.

Firefox just updated to 99.0.1 64-bit and there’s no difference. (Win10Pro) I’ll check in a different browser and get back to you.

I just checked in Brave Version 1.37.114 Chromium: 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the block also shows as cut off on the right side.

FWIW, I also added the feedback button block to my test side (ablogdemo) with the Dalston theme enabled and there it appeared normally using Firefox even before the update.

Also mentioning that I usually work in the WP Admin dashboard. :)

That’s all the time I have for testing right now. I’m in the kitchen until further notice. Happy Spring holidays!

• We weren’t able to reproduce this in Firefox either: https://d.pr/i/X4ARWE

However, I noticed an interesting discrepancy in our screenshots.

Your screenshot https://cloudup.com/iHD_DANP39E appears to be from the Full Site Editor, but Dalston is not a full site editing theme.

How exactly are you reaching that?

• Hi James, This also happened in Brave.

My screenshot is from the WordPress Page Editor, not the Site Editor. This is the page https://wpcommaven.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1247&action=edit I uploaded a fresh temporary screenshot at https://cloudup.com/iGNh2jLt3Ha

Both your and Darnell’s screenshots show the feedback button block in a post. :)

I also copied the page itself and removed each of the other blocks (latest posts, query loop and contact form) and saved each time. No difference. The feedback button block remains cut off on the right. (Still firefox)

Since there doesn’t seem to be a flood of users complaining about this, and it doesn’t appear to affect the functionality of the block on the public facing side, I’ll mark this as an oddity.

Back to the kitchen. :) Happy holidays!

• The topic ‘Feedback Button Block-More settings inaccessible’ is closed to new replies.