posted by?

• At the top of my blog it has a spot where it tells:

Posted at date by ____________

but never puts the persons name in where it says by! How can I fix this?

• It’s always a good idea to provide tho most full information possible so others are better able to help you. As each theme is differently designed and some have this feature and some don’t it’s a good idea to state the name of the one you are referring. to.

• sorry….very new to this…

the theme is Sapphire 1.0 and basically at the top of the published post it says Posted at SOME DATE by ___________. but it never fills in the name of the person who posted it.

• Hi there,

I’m very new too, but wonder if this may help?

If you go to Dashboard | Users | Edit you should see entries in the ‘Nickname’ and ‘Display name publically as’ fields. I think the name that appears after “posted by:” is the nickname.

See here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/the_author_nickname

• I forgot to say that it may be that themes don’t have to have this tag implemented, so even if you have a nickname, it may still not show up in a particular theme. Having said that, the theme author should tidy up their code and remove the “Posted by” text as well!

• IMO *shoulds* don’t work very well with those who have done their design work for free. I think that “please* may get a lot more mileage.

I’m also wondering if I haven’t heard this same author thing before fairly recently and if the forum search box wouldn’t turn up a Sapphire thread on the same topic.

• mediumofmusic · Member ·

it was my own idiot self…it will work if you enter something in the first and last name fields. i never do that…i just enter a nick name…so that was the problem…thanks for the help.

• Hmmm…that’s interesting. I have neither a first nor last name and my user/nickname shows up after “posted by”. Anyway…I’m glad you got it fixed! :)

• @mediumofn
    I’m so glad to hear you found a solution and came back to the forum to tell us now we can share it with others.

@ariane5

I notice that the two of you are using two completely different themes made by two different designers and with different features. I believe most designers have not provided a posted by-line feature at all.

• The topic ‘posted by?’ is closed to new replies.