• Resolved lilyleftthevalley

(@lilyleftthevalley)

I recently migrated from a wordpress.com free site to a self hosted site. I am having two issues with Jetpack:

1) My stats did not migrate from https://growingingardner.wordpress.com/ to https://www.growingingardner.com/

2) The “Blog Subscriptions” widget is hanging up somewhere when processing. This is what happens:
    – would be subscriber inputs their email address in the widget, then clicks the “Sign me up!” button
    – they receive the confirmation email
    – they click on the confirmation button in their email
    – when they check their dashboard, it says they are following the correct site
    – but they do not show up in my Users list in my admin panel
    – nor does my followers number go up
    – nor do I receive the drop down notification that I have a new subscriber
    – and email notifications for new posts are not going out either.

I looked through a few pages of the support forum, and where the blog sub issue is concerned, the advice often is “Can you disconnect and reconnect Jetpack?” I followed the instructions to try that before coming here, and those options are not available to me in my menus when I am in wp-admin (I even checked for “General” in the search bar and it wasn’t the right menu). I did deactivate then reactivate Jetpack through the widget dashboard, that didn’t help either.

I checked my SSL certificate and that isn’t it.

I am getting no error messages of any kind in my admin panel nor my email. Everything is up to date as of this writing (and most is set to auto update anyway).

Please advise. I’m trying to get all the wrinkles out before I post on the old free site that I have moved to the self hosted.

Kindest Regards,
    Lily

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter lilyleftthevalley

(@lilyleftthevalley)

Update: I wrangled a friend to do a test.

I sent them an invite from the admin panel, and they did get added properly and did receive the new post email notification of the test post I did just now.

This still did not fix the issue with the users that went through the widget. Those users are still not added to the total, and they are not getting the email notification.

Plugin Contributor Dan (a11n)

(@drawmyface)

Hi Lily

You can migrate your existing subscribers using our migration tool as described here:
    https://jetpack.com/support/subscription-migration-tool/

Regarding the subscriptions widget, we’ll need some examples of specific email addresses that are encountering this issue.

Could you contact us via this contact form and mention this thread?

Thanks!

Thread Starter lilyleftthevalley

(@lilyleftthevalley)

Argh. Never try to do something when you first wake up. I found the migrator. Thank you. Working on that now. Will contact through support ticket for the other.

Plugin Contributor csonnek

(@csonnek)

Happiness Rocketeer 🚀

Since we’ll be helping you via email, we’ll mark this resolved for now.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Jetpack issues since migration’ is closed to new replies.