• Resolved Ozgur Nevres

(@ozgurnevres)

9.2 update is adding youtube embeds this:
    style=”border: 0px; display: block; margin: 0px; width: 640px; height: 360px;”

it should be (and until 9.1 version it was) like below:
    style=”border: 0px;”

The added styles causing youtube embeds to appear small & ugly.

This occurs when adding a new post or after editing an old post with youtube embeds.

Disabling the JetPack plugin fixes the problem, so the problem is definitely JetPack.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Ozgur Nevres.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Ozgur Nevres.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Jeremy Herve

(@jeherve)

Jetpack Mechanic 🚀

Thanks for the report. I’m not quite sure what could be happening on your site. Could you post a link to one of the posts where you’re running into issues?

It would also be really helpful if you could let us know how you’ve added that video to your post: was this using a shortcode and if so which one, the block editor’s embed block, by pasting an iFrame embed code into the editor, or a single URL, …?
    In addition to that, could you let us know if the problem remains when you got to Jetpack > Settings in your dashboard, search for “shortcodes”, and disable the feature?

Thank you.

Thread Starter Ozgur Nevres

(@ozgurnevres)

On the page below
    https://cycling-passion.com/gallery-velo-d-or-winners-2010-2019/

You’ll see the same video twice.
    The first one displayed correctly, I added that one using CustomHtml widget and writing the code copying&editing from an old post.
    The second one, you’ll see it is resized, I added this using the youtube embed widget.

Wordpress 5.6, JetPack 9.2, Gutenberg

When I deactivate Jetpack, it displays correctly.
    Disabling the shortcodes didn’t solve the problem.
    Updating old posts also causing the same problem.

THis site is just an example, it happens on all of my websites.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Ozgur Nevres.

(@ozgurnevres)

If I change this

style=”border: 0px; display: block; margin: 0px; width: 640px; height: 360px;”

to this

style=”border: 0;”

It displays correctly.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Ozgur Nevres.
    Plugin Contributor Dan (a11n)

(@drawmyface)

Hi Ozgur

We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue in testing.

Could you try temporarily switching to the Twenty Twenty theme, to see if the issue may be isolated to a conflict with your theme?

(@ozgurnevres)

On Twenty Twenty it looks OK.
    So it’s a Jetpack + Twenty Nineteen issue. Because

– it looks OK on Twenty Nineteen when JetPack is disabled
    – it looks OK on Twenty Twenty when Jetpack is both enabled/disabled

There was a new update on Twenty Nineteen too. Maybe both updates caused something. I don’t know.

I’ll stick with Twenty Nineteen + inserting videos via CustomHtml widget until the problem goes away somehow.

Plugin Contributor Ryan C.

(@ryancowles)

Thanks again for the additional information here. As my colleagues have noted, we haven’t been able to reproduce this error. Since we’re unable to reproduce the error, it makes it a bit difficult to troubleshoot.

It sounds like you’ve found a workaround, but if you’d like to continue troubleshooting this, as a next step, I’d like to rule out any sort of plugin conflict being responsible for the trouble. Could you please disable all of your plugins except Jetpack? Then try testing again to see if the issue persists.

If the issue is resolved, we’ll know that another plugin is interfering here. You can find out which plugin is the culprit by enabling each plugin one by one and repeating the test after each one.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘9.2 causing youtube embeds not displayed properly’ is closed to new replies.