Discovery Sport Forum banner

Extended warranty

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill F 
#1 ·
Just bought my ‘18 Disco Sport w/20k miles out of the lease.
Was presented the extended warranty options and was wondering what the consensus on these is. Are they worth the money. Figure on keeping the car for about five years. Thanks

#2 ·
Just bought my ‘18 Disco Sport w/20k miles out of the lease.
Was presented the extended warranty options and was wondering what the consensus on these is. Are they worth the money. Figure on keeping the car for about five years. Thanks
If it’s LR genuine factory extended warranty, then yes. I bought it when I bought my DS new. I had to have the EGR pump (year 4) and main board for the dash (year 5) replaced. Glad I had the warranty! However if it’s an after market warranty, read ALL the terms and conditions. They can be a mine field. Find out what the exclusions are. They usually only cover the major drive line components and have conditions such as having to service the vehicle at certain workshops at certain times. They can be worth less than the paper they’re printed on.

#3 ·
I bought my 2018 DS used at the end of 2018 with 12k miles.. I drive on average 100miles a day, so I added the 150k drivetrain extended warranty. I’m at about 85k miles or so now, and have used the extended warranty recently. Had an odor of coolant I kept noticing occasionally. They pressure tested and found no leaks, but noticed residue, so they just replaced all the hoses, pipes, clamps, and cap along with a full flush.

It’s peace of mind and worth it, in my opinion.
I’m sure I’ll have more reasons to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.