Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 1)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
23 mins ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
Victor
ejaru1810
    Topics:

Why no distribution for Queer?

Shuffling priorities?
    Hopefully Amazon-MGM picks it up as they have for his other films.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Queer will for sure get a distributor in Venice.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m hoping Queer doesn’t go the way of All of Us Strangers and be really good but not accessible enough for the Academy. It’d be nice to see an LGBTQ+ film with a less conventional approach get some recognition. I feel like distributor’s are maybe a bit worried about voters and audiences response to the material to get behind it. I’ve got Daniel Craig in my top five but it’s more because I think that he’ll get a career nomination than actually giving him a chance to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Am I the only one genuinely shocked in everybody’s faith that Gladiator 2 is gonna have success above techs?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If you get a distribution at Venice isn’t that a sing the film will get pushed to 2025? Wouldn’t it be too late to try and mount a late stage campaign?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The start of the campaign….

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Love your pants Daniel. I’d wear those…..

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Shuffling priorities? Hopefully Amazon-MGM picks it up as they have for his other films.

Challengers chances will drop drastically if that happens

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If you get a distribution at Venice isn’t that a sing the film will get pushed to 2025? Wouldn’t it be too late to try and mount a late stage campaign?

if it goes empty-handed, is very possible

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Shuffling priorities? Hopefully Amazon-MGM picks it up as they have for his other films.

My friend heard a rumor about Focus Features proposing a decent offer to Luca, just weeks ago

If it turned out to be true and Focus picks it. It would be the fourth award player they have this year for awards season (Conclave, Nosferatu and Didi)

Of course Queer and Conclave being the main priority.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

My friend heard a rumor about Focus Features proposing a decent offer to Luca, just weeks ago If it turned out to be true and Focus picks it. It would be the fourth award player they have this year for awards season (Conclave, Nosferatu and Didi) Of course Queer and Conclave being the main priority.

If that happens, I wonder whether Focus would prioritize Fiennes or Craig for Best Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If that happens, I wonder whether Focus would prioritize Fiennes or Craig for Best Actor.

If that happens, Didi is finished

Focus is not known to be multitasking with their awards campaigns, unlike Netflix

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Am I the only one genuinely shocked in everybody’s faith that Gladiator 2 is gonna have success above techs?

Nah, but the shock doesn’t mean it won’t have some luck. Mescal is hot rn (in every sense of the word), Denzel is Denzel, and the Academy of 2025 is not the Academy of 2015.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

My friend heard a rumor about Focus Features proposing a decent offer to Luca, just weeks ago If it turned out to be true and Focus picks it. It would be the fourth award player they have this year for awards season (Conclave, Nosferatu and Didi) Of course Queer and Conclave being the main priority.

This would confirm my suspicion that Conclave is a thriller and not Oscar material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If i was in charge of Focus campaigning team

I would spend 70% of effort and money in Conclave, for the rest only campaigning the Queer’s acting ensemble (Craig, Manville and Starkey) and then Nosferatu for the technical categories
    Sorry Joan, we’re looking for actual results.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.