Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 1)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 425 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 mins ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
dante
babypook
diagonz351
    Topics:

the only actual lock is the annual Dianne Warren BOS slot

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Hopefully Walter Salles new movie “Ainda Estou Aqui” will become a thing after its premiere in Venice. A serious contender for Actress (Fernanda Torres). Sony Pictures Classic better work its magic!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Not really, given that most people would just wait to see it at Apple. The b.o. returns of films that are produced or already known that will be distributed by streaming services suffer from this… even DC and Marvel films are, knowing that in less than 6 months they would be included in the service, hence why only big guns get good b.o. and films like Quantummania and The Marvels tanked… I hate to say this, but Marvel/Disney and DC/Warner/HBO should be totally making clear that those big event films would not be released digitally in any form till at least 1 year since its release… THEN, people would be coming to them at the theaters. I remember when films like ET could stay 2 years available in theaters or The Rocky Horror Picture Show would become a theatre-event to celebrate. When going to the movies was a celebration, but streamers are focused in “immediate relief”. Fast and easy. Treating movies like kleenex, ready to be consumed and disposable right after.

Are The Marvels and Quantumania really your big argument for it? The most generic and ass movies released by Marvel Studios? One of.

We are in very different times for the genre and audiences don’t care nearly as much but they will still show up if they feel and see that it is a good movie and is getting strong buzz, like Guardians 3 and Spider-Verse.

Quantumania actually had a VERY strong opening. But the movie was just mediocre at best, word of mouth was bad and it tanked afterwards.

The Marvels…just a collective pass from audiences, characters they don’t care and just another mediocre at best MCU movie

For all reasons they flopped, streaming release isn’t even a Top3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

With the state of the world Civil War only looks better but Film Twitter and Indiewire want to push Challengers instead.

DUNST!

Well, Scifi has built-in detractors (bigots, snobs, lol) they have to overcome. It’s incidental to me whether I’m right or wrong in this case but I noticed this too. I don’t buy the “ensemble” argument either.
    This just came to my area so I’m there already.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

This thread looks dry. I can’t for Venice to happen so that Little Monsters can light up the thread.

Lady Gaga is Magic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

This thread looks dry. I can’t for Venice to happen so that Little Monsters can light up the thread.

And it’s the beginning of July. Remembering how (we) feel by February. Enough already.

That’s a long time to wait for Gaga’s win …..

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Lady Gaga has crazy fans. But Taylor Swift has The Craziest Ever. I wonder if Taylor Swift was doing these Lady Gaga movies: these forums will be Too Crazy

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If anything, that’d make the forums way more annoying to read and engage

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Lady Gaga has crazy fans. But Taylor Swift has The Craziest Ever. I wonder if Taylor Swift was doing these Lady Gaga movies: these forums will be Too Crazy

JLaw stans are a real joy as well.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Gaga stans are calm and civil like these past months have proved if there isn’t the usual horde of Gaga haters and trolls accounts teasing us for no reason.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If anything, that’d make the forums way more annoying to read and engage

Nope. It’ll be entertaining. Sometimes I go back to the 2021 threads. That was a year

Lady Gaga is Magic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

And it’s the beginning of July. Remembering how (we) feel by February. Enough already. That’s a long time to wait for Gaga’s win …..

August is just by the corner. I really can’t wait

Lady Gaga is Magic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m hearing rumors that Saldana is getting campaigned as a lead for Emilia Perez. Just a head’s up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m hearing rumors that Saldana is getting campaigned as a lead for Emilia Perez. Just a head’s up.

The source being user Sixth Place Oscar Polls on twitter

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Gaga stans are calm and civil like these past months have proved if there isn’t the usual horde of Gaga haters and trolls accounts teasing us for no reason.

I wonder if GAGA has fans who are vegan?

Just kidding (sort of) op.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 425 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.