Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 1)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
dante
yellowyacket
babypook
    Topics:

Ariana nominated for an acting oscar?

Nothing wrong about predicting who you want to predict, but let’s be serious for a second

I don’t understand this narrow mindset in 2024.

Before Precious, who would have though Mo’Nique from The Parkers would get nominated for an Oscar, let alone win. She swept.

Who would have thought in 2009 that meat dress wearing Lady Gaga would get nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress years later? She almost got nominated for House of Gucci (a non singing role), and now is one of the front runners this year for the Joker SEQUEL.

Now Ariana may or may not get nominated, but why do yall act like things are SO far fetched, given how many examples go against your archaic way of thinking?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I don’t understand this narrow mindset in 2024. Before Precious, who would have though Mo’Nique from The Parkers would get nominated for an Oscar, let alone win. She swept. Who would have thought in 2009 that meat dress wearing Lady Gaga would get nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress years later? She almost got nominated for House of Gucci (a non singing role), and now is one of the front runners this year for the Joker SEQUEL. Now Ariana may or may not get nominated, but why do yall act like things are SO far fetched, given how many examples go against your archaic way of thinking?

Mo’nique and Gaga showed us their acting chops, way before being casted in those award winning projects

And if this was Ariana’s breaktrough role, the teaser and trailer didn’t make her justice, cause so far her acting looked stiff to me

But if you believe that’s an oscar worthy performance, okay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Mo’nique and Gaga showed us their acting chops, way before being casted in those award winning projects

And if this was Ariana’s breaktrough role, the teaser and trailer didn’t make her justice, cause so far her acting looked stiff to me

But if you believe that’s an oscar worthy performance, okay.

I can’t tell you if its Oscar worthy or not because I haven’t seen the film. Okay?

Name me one Gaga performance that indicated that she would be an Oscar nominee someday before A Star is Born. American Horror Story?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I really don’t feel like Mo’nique belongs in this conversation.

Look her up in iMDB and it’s clear she’s put in years of work (especially in black TV – Parker fans stand up!). And she was a gifted performer (mostly comedian) long before Oscar ever came calling

She’s great in Precious, sure. But it just checked the right boxes for AMPAS voters – it doesn’t validate her career as an actress. Her CAREER validated itself way before 2009.

Her being named in this debate is misplaced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I really don’t feel like Mo’nique belongs in this conversation. Look her up in iMDB and it’s clear she’s put in years of work (especially in black TV – Parker fans stand up!). And she was a gifted performer (mostly comedian) long before Oscar ever came calling She’s great in Precious, sure. But it just checked the right boxes for AMPAS voters – it doesn’t validate her career as an actress. Her CAREER validated itself way before 2009. Her being named in this debate is misplaced.

We should let people predict who they want to predict

I’ll predict Justice Smith for I saw my tv glow, although it’s never happening

If people want to predit ariana and her disney channel level of acting, let them

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m sorry but Gaga’s acting chops were only her music videos and that doesn’t even count. She got a Razzie nod for Machete Kills and a random GG win for AHS Hotel just for being Gaga. Her performance and that season wasn’t really liked by audiences, with many considering it the worst at the time.

A Star is Born was the exact moment she proved everyone wrong.

EGOT & Triple Crown of Acting winner, VIOLA DAVIS
    2-time Oscar winner, EMMA STONE
    Emmy & Tony winner, JODIE COMER
    Emmy & Olivier winner, SARAH SNOOK
    Berlinale winner & Emmy nominee, SEBASTIAN STAN

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I really don’t feel like Mo’nique belongs in this conversation.

Look her up in iMDB and it’s clear she’s put in years of work (especially in black TV – Parker fans stand up!). And she was a gifted performer (mostly comedian) long before Oscar ever came calling

She’s great in Precious, sure. But it just checked the right boxes for AMPAS voters – it doesn’t validate her career as an actress. Her CAREER validated itself way before 2009.

Her being named in this debate is misplaced.

I’m a big Mo’Nique AND Parkers fan. My point was not about her acting. Its more about her being taking seriously as a dramatic actress, and someone who you’d think would win an Oscar one day. Yes she was funny and great on the Parkers, but I also think she sectioned off into the category of “black tv”. Notice she didn’t get Emmy recognition she deserved for The Parkers. Lee Daniels is the one who saw her true potential. And the rest is Oscar history.

Another example. If ALL we saw was Jamie Foxx on The Jamie Foxx Show, In Living Color, or Booty Call and not his performance in something like Ali, I think people would have written him off. Who knew watching The Jamie Foxx Show (which he was great in) that he’d be not only an Oscar winner, but a double nominee in one night.

My point is…..one role can change the trajectory of an actor’s career for the better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

We should let people predict who they want to predict

I’ll predict Justice Smith for I saw my tv glow, although it’s never happening

If people want to predit ariana and her disney channel level of acting, let them

Zendaya was on Disney too. Whether people love her acting or not….she’s now a Two Time Emmy winner, and is working with the likes of Luca Guadagnino and Denis Villeneuve.

Selena Gomez. Also Disney. People are predicting her this year too.

Ryan Gosling…..Disney. Zac Efron (who should have been nominated for the Irow Claw)….Disney

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Again back to, the real contenders of this season, with an award winning movie and directed by an acclaimed director, which is difficult to get. Not everybody has that, to their credit

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Hey! I haven’t been here since my July predictions and I didn’t know y’all got weird because I predicted Grande??? (Funny cause I only put her in contenders lmao).

Gaga, (previous Razzie nominee), had her breakthrough role in A Star Is Born and she got the Best Actress nomination.

Gomez, (previous Razzie nominee), co-starring Emilia Perez and many of you are predicting her.

I think y’all forgot Ariana was on Broadway before she became a pop star but ok.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Hey! I haven’t been here since my July predictions and I didn’t know y’all got weird because I predicted Grande??? (Funny cause I only put her in contenders lmao). Gaga, (previous Razzie nominee), had her breakthrough role in A Star Is Born and she got the Best Actress nomination. Gomez, (previous Razzie nominee), co-starring Emilia Perez and many of you are predicting her. I think y’all forgot Ariana was on Broadway before she became a pop star but ok.

I wouldn’t consider that weird, it’s just a discussion in a forum

And i’m pretty sure many don’t know enough about ariana’s career , to know she started on broadway

What plays or musicals was she in?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I wouldn’t consider that weird, it’s just a discussion in a forum

And i’m pretty sure many don’t know enough about ariana’s career , to know she started on broadway

What plays or musicals was she in?

She got her start in the Broadway show 13.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I think Joan Chen is not to be underestimated. Phenomenal performance in Didi and the passion for her is amazing. She’s been slaying the industry for over 5 decades she truly deserves recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I think Joan Chen is not to be underestimated. Phenomenal performance in Didi and the passion for her is amazing. She’s been slaying the industry for over 5 decades she truly deserves recognition.

Nomination stolen from her in 1987. For starters.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I see a scenario where she could happen

Also I see a scenario where gets the same treatment as Zhao Shu-zhen for The Farewell

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.