Home Forums Music BRIT Awards 2025 Discussion Thread

BRIT Awards 2025 Discussion Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
Moment 4 Life
braydenfitzsi..
daniel
    Topics:

For the few of us who actually track the BRITs, I thought I’d make a thread again now that the 2024 ceremony has concluded (congrats to RAYE!) to start prediction discussions for the 2025 BRIT Awards.

In terms of main contenders, Dua Lipa will be dropping her highly anticipated third studio album this year. I can see her in the Album, Artist and Single categories. Harry Styles is also rumored to be dropping, so it’ll be interesting to see Dua and Harry go head-to-head as they’re easily the biggest global UK pop artists we’ve seen in the last 10 years or so (Adele and Ed Sheeran are the other two that come to mind).

Rising Star winners The Last Dinner Party recently released their debut album to critical acclaim, they could be a significant contender for British Album of the Year.

International categories will also be competitive with the likes of Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Billie Eilish, Cardi B, Justin Bieber, Kacey Musgraves, SZA, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd all set to drop projects this year.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Moment 4 Life.
    Topics:

We are about a third of the way through the eligibility period of BRITs 2025, but as far as I’m aware, not many British artists have released so far?

Dua is the clear frontrunner at the moment to get nominated in Solo Artist, Album and Single plus Best Pop Act. I wonder what will be nominated out of Houdini, Illusion and Training Season?

Harry Styles is rumored to drop his fourth album this year. That’ll be interesting as both him and Dua seem to be well received by the BRITs and I don’t think they’ve gone head to head before for an album era.

I can see The Last Dinner Party’s debut album, ‘Prelude to Illusion’, in British Album of the Year. It got really strong critical reception and they of course got Rising Star.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

maybe a bit early to say so, but i think Dua could only be stopped by a potential Harry release. even then i imagine it would be close because Dua has really nurtured the UK/EU recently

i agree that TLDP will show up like Wet Leg did

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

maybe a bit early to say so, but i think Dua could only be stopped by a potential Harry release. even then i imagine it would be close because Dua has really nurtured the UK/EU recently i agree that TLDP will show up like Wet Leg did

what do you think will be the dua song in british single?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

what do you think will be the dua song in british single?

i think ‘Training Season’ as of now, it kinda outperformed ‘Houdini’ in the UK (except on radio which doesn’t count for charts)

‘Illusion’ could have its moment yet, it’s a very UK/EU friendly song and maybe could be boosted by the album or Glastonbury

and of course, a newer single is possible

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Couldn’t find anywhere else to post but Raye’s dropping “Let There Be Light” officially on June 7. Confirmed by the soundtrack to her Met Gala IG dump.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Anyone else think it’s been very quiet for British acts in general releasing so far this year? I think we’re now halfway through the 2025 BRITs eligibility window (last year seemed to be December to December so likely the same) but the only major release so far has been Dua.

If Harry Styles releases his album then it’ll likely be Dua vs Harry for the main categories. I believe Coldplay are also meant to be releasing an album soon.

Wondering if a major rap album could come from Dave or Stormzy. Whilst Raye is dropping new singles, I’m not sure if a new album is coming this year. I think she’ll wait to release until 2025.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Ariana, Beyoncé, Billie, and Taylor are 100% all getting into International Artist and Song. Benson Boone, Hozier, and Sabrina Carpenter will also be a lock for International Song, not sure about Artist yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

yes it’s been very quiet

can’t see Dua winning Album, but she won’t miss a nomination (especially with a big Glasto set coming up). in fact she’ll probably get nominated in all her eligible categories with, as always, a possible win in best pop act

Harry could win quite easily if he releases by the end of the year and it goes well

the door would also be very much open for Stormzy or Dave

i still really seen TLDP in Album but doubt they win

Charli XCX could sneak into major categories this time maybe? can’t see her as a winner either though

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Anyone else think it’s been very quiet for British acts in general releasing so far this year?

Noticed this too just from chartwatching. There hasn’t been a single UK #1 hit for a British artist this year at all (the first time ever this has happened by this point at the calendar year) and less than half a dozen new top tens from UK hits the entire year, with only two of them lasting more than a single week in the top ten.

• Homesick (Sam Fender feature on Noah Kahan song)
    • Training Season (Dua Lipa)
    • Alibi (Ella Henderson)
    • Illusion (Dua Lipa)
    • Forget About Us (Perrie)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Noticed this too just from chartwatching. There hasn’t been a single UK #1 hit for a British artist this year at all (the first time ever this has happened by this point at the calendar year) and less than half a dozen new top tens from UK hits the entire year, with only two of them lasting more than a single week in the top ten.

• Homesick (Sam Fender feature on Noah Kahan song)
    • Training Season (Dua Lipa)
    • Alibi (Ella Henderson)
    • Illusion (Dua Lipa)
    • Forget About Us (Perrie)

this is … abysmal. the Perrie song is not a big hit (although for a second i thought it might be). and according to kworb, the Sam/Noah collab isn’t charting on anything anywhere

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Charli XCX’s new album, Brat, is getting outstanding critical acclaim and is a solid album. Given the lack of frontrunners so far this year, I can see her in the Album and Solo Artist categories. Tbh, maybe even Single because it feels so quiet this year with either “360” or “Von Dutch”

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

would not be shocked if ‘Von Dutch’ sells enough and makes best single if things continue as they are

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Brat feels too slight (commercially speaking) to take AOTY. Probably between TLDP and Lipa from everyone that’s released/announced. Think all three are taking at least one award home though

What am thinking for winners right now.

Album – Prelude to Ecstasy (Alt: Radical Optimism)
    Single – idk?
    Solo Artist – Dua Lipa
    Group – Last Dinner Party
    Breakthrough – Myles Smith (Alt: TLDP)
    Alt/Rock – Bring Me the Horizon (if nominated their winning) (Alt: TLDP)
    Pop – Dua Lipa
    Dance – Charli XCX. She’ll likely have the biggest fan base from acts voting
    Hip/Hop – Central Cee. Feels odd he’s not gotten anything yet, UK acts whom break out internationally usually get something at this stage in their careers.
    R&B – RAYE. Biggest fanbase and would show last year’s sweep wasn’t a fluke.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Brat feels too slight (commercially speaking) to take AOTY. Probably between TLDP and Lipa from everyone that’s released/announced. Think all three are taking at least one award home though What am thinking for winners right now. Album – Prelude to Ecstasy (Alt: Radical Optimism) Single – idk? Solo Artist – Dua Lipa Group – Last Dinner Party Breakthrough – Myles Smith (Alt: TLDP) Alt/Rock – Bring Me the Horizon (if nominated their winning) (Alt: TLDP) Pop – Dua Lipa Dance – Charli XCX. She’ll likely have the biggest fan base from acts voting Hip/Hop – Central Cee. Feels odd he’s not gotten anything yet, UK acts whom break out internationally usually get something at this stage in their careers. R&B – RAYE. Biggest fanbase and would show last year’s sweep wasn’t a fluke.

These all seem feasible tbh. I know Charli was nominated in Pop Act before but this album is definitely more Dance so she belongs in there.

For R&B, I wonder whether FLO could win if they release their debut album this year? They won Rising Star in 2023 but then it was odd to see them snubbed in 2024. They clearly have support. Raye could well win R&B again though, wouldn’t be surprised.

Feels like all the big singles this year have been international, so British Single is so difficult to predict because we haven’t really seen a major hit yet.

Can’t believe I’m saying this because they’re far from big hits, but either “Training Season” by Dua Lipa or “BAND4BAND” by Central Cee & Lil Baby seem like current potential winners. Maybe Raye’s “Genesis” could surprise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.