Home Forums Music Country/American Roots Predictions: 2025 GRAMMYs

Country/American Roots Predictions: 2025 GRAMMYs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
15 hours ago
replies
views
users
strangemercy
Huerco
Boz
    Topics:

https://x.com/usradioupdater/status/1769935220227072153?s=46

Kacey will release Cardinal to alternative radio and The Architect to country radio.Does Cardinal have a chance of getting into best alternative music performance?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Early Country Predictions

Best Country Solo Performance
    Beyoncé, “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM”
    Cody Johnson, “The Painter”
    Reba McEntire, “Seven Minutes In Heaven”
    Kacey Musgraves, “Deeper Well”
    Chris Stapleton, “It Takes A Woman”

Best Country Duo/Group Performance
    Bill Anderson feat. Bobby Bare, Jimmy Fortune, Vince Gill & Willie Nelson, “The Country I Grew Up With”
    Brothers Osborne, “Break Mine”
    Charley Crockett feat. Willie Nelson, “That’s What Makes the World Go Around”
    Cody Johnson feat. Jelly Roll, “Whiskey Bent”
    Dolly Parton feat. Chris Stapleton, “Night Moves”

Best Country Song
    “Country’s Cool Again”
    Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson & Aslan Freeman, songwriters (Lainey Wilson)

“Deeper Well”
    Kacey Musgraves, Daniel Tashian & Ian Fitchuk, songwriters (Kacey Musgraves)

“Runaway Train”
    Jon Randall & Sarah Jarosz, songwriters (Sarah Jarosz)

“TEXAS HOLD ‘EM”
    Beyoncé, Lowell, ​bülow, Raphael Saadiq, Nathan Ferraro & Killah B., songwriters (Beyoncé)

“Think I’m In Love With You”
    Chris Stapleton, songwriter (Chris Stapleton)

Best Country Album
    Beyoncé, COWBOY CARTER
    Kacey Musgraves, Deeper Well
    Willie Nelson, The Border
    Carly Pearce, hummingbird
    Chris Stapleton, Higher

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

She should submit:
    Deeper Well (Album): AOTY, Country Album
    Deeper Well: Country Solo, ROTY
    Too Good to be True: Pop Solo Performance
    Cardinal: Americana Performance/Song
    The Architect: Country Song, SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

On second thought… after reviewing who is credited as the songwriters for “TEXAS HOLD’EM,” I don’t believe the song will be nominated for Country Song at the Grammys. I assumed that Beyonce worked with Country artists/songwriters, but all of the writers are Pop writers from Canada, with the exception of Raphael Saadiq, who is a well-known R&B songwriter.

I feel like the genre categories at the Grammys can be pretty strict with who and what they nominate, especially when it comes to artists submitting from outside the genre. I think Beyonce can still get into the Country Song category for a different song, assuming she has worked with another Country artist/songwriter on that track.

Also, because of the lack of a Country presence in the songwriting/producing team, I have a feeling that “TEXAS HOLD’EM” will be placed in Pop Solo Performance (and can score a nom there).

Once again, and I think Beyonce even announced it, I’m sure she has collaborated at least on one if not more tracks with a Country artist (whether that’s Dolly, The Chicks again, Taylor Swift, etc) and that will be her ticket to her first Country Grammy nomination(s).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

She should submit: Deeper Well (Album): AOTY, Country Album Deeper Well: Country Solo, ROTY Too Good to be True: Pop Solo Performance Cardinal: Americana Performance/Song The Architect: Country Song, SOTY

I think the country categories will all go to The Architect and Big 4 and music video to Deeper Well

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

On second thought… after reviewing who is credited as the songwriters for “TEXAS HOLD’EM,” I don’t believe the song will be nominated for Country Song at the Grammys. I assumed that Beyonce worked with Country artists/songwriters, but all of the writers are Pop writers from Canada, with the exception of Raphael Saadiq, who is a well-known R&B songwriter. I feel like the genre categories at the Grammys can be pretty strict with who and what they nominate, especially when it comes to artists submitting from outside the genre. I think Beyonce can still get into the Country Song category for a different song, assuming she has worked with another Country artist/songwriter on that track. Also, because of the lack of a Country presence in the songwriting/producing team, I have a feeling that “TEXAS HOLD’EM” will be placed in Pop Solo Performance (and can score a nom there). Once again, and I think Beyonce even announced it, I’m sure she has collaborated at least on one if not more tracks with a Country artist (whether that’s Dolly, The Chicks again, Taylor Swift, etc) and that will be her ticket to her first Country Grammy nomination(s).

This is about how the songs sound, no who wrote them. You’re definitely overthinking this. Texas Hold ‘Em is not competing in pop categories in any possible scenario. Literally, the main narrative about this song will be the first record by a black woman to top Hot Country Chart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

It has probably been discussed in other threads before but I do wonder if the country categories will accept Beyonce. They are known for being stingy like booting Kacey from country album for star crossed and placing her in pop. It’s possible they do the same with Beyonce, as she’s not a country artist beyond Daddy Lessons. Hopefully not because so far, these are entirely country songs. I do seem to recall after Daddy Lessons was booted from country the year lemonade was nominated, the following year when she submitted the Chicks remix of daddy lessons, she sent it to Americana. So maybe she bypasses an entire dumb situation and just submits in Americana. Yes, Beyonce was accepted in Dance categories last year but I feel like the country voters have a sort of feeling about supporting Country artists specifically, whatever that means to them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If the album sounds country enough it’ll get accepted. Star Crossed was very much a pop album from a production standpoint. I suspect the album may go Americana and a couple of songs (including “Texas Hold ‘Em”) will be submitted to Country. I could see maybe a track going Pop. But outside of that, there’s not gonna be much Bally-hoo. I’m not expecting much controversy on the submission end. Nominations and wins is another story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Would the new Hozier and Allison Russell duet being considered here in Roots or Alternative?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

He should try submitting “Too Sweet” to Rock/Alternative and “Wildflower and Barley” to American Roots Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I predict that Texas Hold’ Em will get submitted to Pop while she will go with another song to submit to Country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Beyoncé is not submitting anything to Pop categories. She didn’t submit anything there since 2017. (The Gift and Spirit were moved from Global Music).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Weyes Blood did subtle little backing vocals on “Sometimes I Wonder”, the new single from T Bone Burnett. So cool

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The whole “Texas Hold ‘Em” in pop discussion is dumb I’m sorry. It’s the first song by a black woman to top the country charts, why would it go in pop?????

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m assuming Kacey Musgraves will stick to country categories with Deeper Well, but I’m wondering if she’ll submit anything in Americana as well or instead? …. Regardless, I feel like the album will be nominated wherever it goes (and for Album of the Year in the general field).

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.