Home Forums Music Grammy 2025 Predictions: Rap Field

Grammy 2025 Predictions: Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 332 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
25 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Ziggiy
futurehours
    Topics:

Interscope will submit Eminem, just like they have every other year. Just because an artist mentions their disdain for the Grammys doesn’t mean that they won’t end up on the entry lists.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Interscope will submit Eminem, just like they have every other year. Just because an artist mentions their disdain for the Grammys doesn’t mean that they won’t end up on the entry lists.

Drake rescinded his own nomination in 2022. I can see Eminem doing the same even if his label submits on his behalf. He seems to truly despise the ceremony at this juncture even though I have no idea why as he’s amongst the most awarded artists ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Honey, I’m surprised Eminem has such a dislike for the Grammy Awards.  His white ass won 15 undeserving times.  Homeboy was beating much stronger competition left and right (we know why).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If Eminem submits I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes Rap Album. The comeback of Slim Shady is iconic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Honey, I’m surprised Eminem has such a dislike for the Grammy Awards. His white ass won 15 undeserving times. Homeboy was beating much stronger competition left and right (we know why).

About half of Em’s wins are rather eh. They’ve over-rewarded Kendrick in Rap, but none of his wins are clearly undeserving. I really don’t think voters take Eminem that seriously any longer though. So, the hype here (whether he submits or not) I don’t think will add up to much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I always wondered if the Godzilla and MTBMB snub was that or Eminem didn’t submit anything that year.

It's me... Hi

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I always wondered if the Godzilla and MTBMB snub was that or Eminem didn’t submit anything that year.

It was submitted. The panel passed over it/didn’t make the cut.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If Eminem submits I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes Rap Album. The comeback of Slim Shady is iconic.

I’d be surprised if he starts submitting again after what he’s said about them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Honey, I’m surprised Eminem has such a dislike for the Grammy Awards. His white ass won 15 undeserving times. Homeboy was beating much stronger competition left and right (we know why).

True, most of (if not all) of his wins are because he is White.

But later on, even his stuff lost to other nominees. But once the whole Macklemore winning Rap Album over Kendrick/Kanye/Drake/Jay-Z thing happened, that’s when he said he wanted nothing to do with the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

A new Kendrick album does feel imminent but I feel like he is going to wait until the Fall to drop. ‘Not Like Us’ is huge still, and the fact the music video only dropped a couple days ago will only help its stability chart-wise.

The 2026 cycle might not be a bad thing, this year is just packed with releases and since there may not be as many big name A-listers next year, meaning there is actual potential for him to win something in the the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

ScHoolboy Q not mentioned?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

A new Kendrick album does feel imminent but I feel like he is going to wait until the Fall to drop. ‘Not Like Us’ is huge still, and the fact the music video only dropped a couple days ago will only help its stability chart-wise. The 2026 cycle might not be a bad thing, this year is just packed with releases and since there may not be as many big name A-listers next year, meaning there is actual potential for him to win something in the the GF.

Kendrick putting that snippet of a new song at the beginning of the Not Like Us video in my mind is a signal the new album is imminent, sooner rather than later. I’d be shocked if we don’t get a new project by August. July is going to be packed with rap releases from Eminem, Common, DJ Mustard, Roddy Rich, Childish Gambino and others but as of right now August seems wide open.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Exactly. Drake just got a bunch of nominations last year for Hair Loss

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Which one is the frontrunner to win Best Rap Album so far?

Not like us seems to be the frontrunner to take Rap Performance and Song but with album I have no idea, especially after Killer Mike winning everything last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Which one is the frontrunner to win Best Rap Album so far? Not like us seems to be the frontrunner to take Rap Performance and Song but with album I have no idea, especially after Killer Mike winning everything last year.

I don’t think there’s a clear frontrunner right now as nobody has really taken rap by the reigns with any project except maybe for Future & Metro in March. Kendrick has seemed to step on everybody culturally but the next few weeks could really tell the tale with releases from Eminem, DJ Mustard, Common, and Childish Gambino (although Gambino’s album seems to be more of another hybrid musically than a rap album)

As it stands it really could be anyone’s race. If Grammy nominations were to be announced tomorrow the “frontrunner” in my mind would have to be We Don’t Trust You from Metro & Future followed by 21 Savage, Megan Thee Stallion, MAYBE SchoolBoy Q and mayyyyybeeee Nicki Minaj.  They’ve been giving 1 or 2 underground/independent rappers a nomination but I can’t think of any independent rapper whose really made enough of a splash so far this year to be included.

Edit- Its a long shot but i’d LOVE if Lupe Fiasco could garner a nomination for his new album Samurai. He’s a previous Grammy winner and a bit of a past Grammy darling as his first four albums were nominated for Best Rap Album. He could be the underground pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 332 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.