Home Forums Music Grammy 2025 Predictions: Rap Field

Grammy 2025 Predictions: Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 331 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Ziggiy
futurehours
    Topics:

They like Megan way more than they like Nicki, it’s not that weird

And? Unless HISS pulls a Flowers and/or the album does extremely well, the one thing she’s winning with HISS is a BET award and maybe a VMA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

And? Unless HISS pulls a Flowers and/or the album does extremely well, the one thing she’s winning with HISS is a BET award and maybe a VMA.

I mean we were only talking about a nomination though, I never said anything about a win especially since it’s only the start of March

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I mean we were only talking about a nomination though, I never said anything about a win especially since it’s only the start of March

No I meant it as it needs to pull something like a Flowers to even get a nom. all hope is not lost for her tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

If Nicki isn’t getting nominated then Megan is DAMN sure not getting nominated. Hiss is falling off the charts and I don’t think the album is gonna do that well unless she garners Nicki’s attention again. It’ll probably do slightly better numbers than Traumazine

I get that you are a Nicki stan but Hiss has made its impact. It’s a diss record. It’s not serviced as a radio record which is why it’s falling off the charts but at least is still charting.

She signed a new deal that can work in her favor if she has the right records over the next 5-6 months and Hiss (justice for Cobra) will be regarded as the jumpstart of her new era.

Making it about Nicki’s attention seems so stan driven as if Nicki is a massive seller outside of her stanbase or massive winner to be that powerful/impactful.

There are still a lot of hip hop releases left but as of now rap performance is much stronger for her than rap song or other categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Rap Performance: Drake & J. Cole – First Person Shooter 21 Savage – red rum Nicki Minaj – FTCU ¥$feat Playboi Carti & Rich the Kid – Carnival Glorilla – Yeah Glo! Rap Song: “Carnival” – ¥$ “Agora Hills” – Doja Cat “Loving on Me” – Jack Harlow “First Person Shooter” – Drake & J. Cole “Hiss” – Megan thee Stallion Melodic Rap Performance: Doja Cat – Agora Hills Jack Harlow – Loving on Me Flo Milli – Never Lose Me Drake f/ Sexxy Red & SZA – Rich Baby Daddy Nicki Minaj f/ J. Cole – Let Me Call Down Rap Album: Drake – For All the Dogs Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday 2 ¥$ – Vultures Doja Cat – Scarlet Schoolboy Q – Blue Lips Current predictions since we’re more than halfway through the eligibility period.

I agree with this…for now. With J cole, Tyler, and Kanye I can see FTCU, Let me calm down, Pink Friday 2, For all the dogs and rich baby daddy falling off if there is enough quality content released in the next five month.

rooting for Glo rilla to at least get multiple noms for her Yeah Glo song.

Kanye is going to eat the girls up a bit me thinks.

The only drake song I see lasting is First Person shooter with Cole.

I hope Glo has another hit song, Cardi, Meg and Doja’s deluxe will be released. Nicki might release a deluxe. Nas, J cole, more Kanye and Tyler can shake things up over the next few months

Based on your list, top 3 for me so far:

Rap performance: Carnival, yeah Glo, red rum

Rap song: First person shooter, Agora Hills, and Hiss

Rap melodic: Agora hills, Lovin on me, Never lose me

Rap album: There are only two good albums sadly: Vultures and Scarlet so I can’t chose a third one yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Get real!  Nicki Minaj is NOT happening in Best Rap Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song, and/or Best Rap Album.  Pure fucking delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Get real!  “Hiss” does NOT have to pull a “Flowers” just to be nominated.  Pure fucking delusion.  Nicki Crapaj fangirlies are completely delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

“CARNIVAL” went #1 on Billboard today. Is that and Vultures a frontrunner for Rap?

I feel like however ‘cancelled’ Kanye is, for some reason the Academy love him and always will vote him. I mean they literally gave him multiple wins even after he urinated in a literal Grammy trophy…

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The rap field could actually be competitive for once this year following a few dry years with not much going on.

We already have Vultures but Tyler The Creator, J. Cole and Cardi B are highly expected to release albums soon. Megan Thee Stallion is also shaping up to have a successful third album, and 21 Savage is probably getting in too with American Dream.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carnival sneaks into SOTY. The ballot position is good and rap voters sometimes push some random rap song in GF.  Kanye is a rap field darling so who knows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Kanye could possibly get nominated but there is absolutely no way he takes a win home

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Kanye won Rap Grammys just a couple of seasons ago. He could be very competitive in the Rap field, especially now that “Carnival” is smash hit. I do think he is beatable (particularly in Rap Album), especially if we get a major release from Tyler, The Creator this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Kanye won Rap Grammys just a couple of seasons ago. He could be very competitive in the Rap field, especially now that “Carnival” is smash hit. I do think he is beatable (particularly in Rap Album), especially if we get a major release from Tyler, The Creator this season.

This is just not the same situation. Obviously he was controversial back in the Donda era but it’s a whole other level now. Also Donda was better received than Vultures (I know he’s releasing more parts but still).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

This is just not the same situation. Obviously he was controversial back in the Donda era but it’s a whole other level now. Also Donda was better received than Vultures (I know he’s releasing more parts but still).

Controversy doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Kanye won a Gospel/Christian Grammy after urinating on a Grammy and during his Trump-supporting era. He then won two Grammys in the Rap field for a critically-panned album. When the voters embrace you and you’re not a one-era wonder, they will stick with you for the most part. They take breaks, and then jump right back on the bandwagon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Do you guys think Drake is submitting? I honestly think Her Loss was only submitted because of 21 Savage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.