Home Forums Music Latin, Global, African & Reggae Predictions: 2025 GRAMMYs

Latin, Global, African & Reggae Predictions: 2025 GRAMMYs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
strangemercy
fabcjr
(Goldwing Reb..
    Topics:

I still don’t understand why Anitta and her team insist on those songs in Spanglish as if she’s really going to pull in the North American market with that. Garota you are not going to be the next Madonna, be satisfied with establishing yourself on Karol G’s level.

Wtf, Karol G is learning portuguese to do the same like Anitta and then singing Brazilian funk. She wants her own personality and not be a copy of Karol G.

ela foi minha Fessora

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Not sure if it will compete in Rock or Global, but Mdou Moctar’s Funeral For Justice is getting rave reviews (and is a phenomenal record). It’s currently at a 91 on Metacritic, tied with Cowboy Carter for the best reviewed album this year. It’s likely easilt the frontrunner in Global, especially since they pass over “modern” Afrobeats albums all the time there. Hopefully Tyla can take African Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Contenders for Best Global Music Album

Arooj Aftab – Night Reign
    Alok – THE FUTURE IS ANCESTRAL
    Vicente Amigo – Andenes del Tiempo
    Ana Frango Elétrico – Me Chama de Gato Que Eu Sou Sua
    Céu – Novela
    Hermanos Gutiérrez – Sonido Cósmico
    Daniel Ho – Written By The Sea
    Ibibio Sound Machine – Pull the Rope
    Nathalie Joachim – Ki moun ou ye
    Khruangbin – A LA SALA
    Les Amazones d’Afrique – Musow Dance
    Mdou Moctar – Funeral for Justice
    Anoushka Shankar – Chapter II: How Dark It Is Before Dawn – EP
    Ayra Starr – The Year I Turned 21
    Tems – BORN IN THE WILD
    Tyla – TYLA
    Varijashree Venugopal – Vari

Am I missing something?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Anitta – Funk Generation 1. Lose Ya Breath: 100% English 2. Grip: 75% English, 25% Spanish/Portuguese mix 3. Funk Rave: 90% Spanish, 10% English/Portuguese mix 4. Fria: 50% English, 50% Spanish 5. Meme: 100% Spanish 6. Love in Common: 100% English 7. Aceita: 80% Spanish, 20% English 8. Double Team: 100% Spanish 9. Savage Funk: 50% Portuguese, 50% English 10. Joga pra Lua: 100% Portuguese 11. Cria de Favela: 80% Spanish, 10% Portuguese, 10% English 12. Puta Cara: 90% Spanish, 10% English 13. Sabana: 80% Spanish, 20% English 14. Ahi: 100% English 15. Mil Veces: 100% Spanish 60% Spanish/Portuguese, 40% English, 5% error margin. The album was made to be submitted in Latin categories.

The album needs to be above 51% singing in Spanish. Are you sure your calculation is correct? At the Latin GRAMMYs it’s eligible. It’s just that at the GRAMMYs it’s still confusing for me

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

At the Latin GRAMMYs it’s eligible.

I think the album needs to be 75% in Spanish/Portuguese to compete at the Latin GRAMMYs, so it wouldn’t be eligible

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I think the album needs to be 75% in Spanish/Portuguese to compete at the Latin GRAMMYs, so it wouldn’t be eligible

URBAN MUSIC FIELD

Portuguese language recordings are NOT eligible in the Performance Categories of this field, but they are eligible in Best Urban Song, Best Rap/Hip Hop Song, and Best Urban Music Album categories, as well as the Portuguese Language Field.

BEST URBAN MUSIC ALBUM – ALBUMS ONLY | VOCAL OR INSTRUMENTAL
    An album made up of urban music songs (including subgenres such as rap, reggaetón, hip hop, R&B, Brazilian funk, trap, dancehall, etc.).

For vocal or instrumental Urban music albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded material and a minimum of 5 tracks/15 minutes. Sixty percent (60%) of the songs in an album must contain at least 60% lyrics in Spanish or Portuguese. Songs that do not fulfill the 60% lyrics in the required languages will not be considered part of the requested 5 tracks/15 minutes.

The statuette is presented to solo artists, duos or groups (for groups of more than 10 members, the statuette will be presented to the “leader” of the group), producer(s), sound engineer(s) and mixing engineer(s) of 51% or more of the total playing time of the album.

Winner’s Certificates are presented to mastering engineer(s), and to the producer(s), engineer(s), and mixer(s) of less than 51% of the total playing time (if not the artist).

https://www.latingrammy.com/en/awards/latin-grammy-awards-category-definitions

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Anitta is 100% eligible in the category of urban album and album of the year of the Latin GRAMMYs

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

In the Latin field of the GRAMMY AWARDS, Brazilian music can’t compete in pop or rock, but urban music is not excluded.

Latin, Global, African, Reggae & New Age, Ambient, Or Chant Field

BEST LATIN POP ALBUM
    FOR ALBUMS – VOCAL OR INSTRUMENTAL
    SCREENING CRITERIA This Category recognizes excellence in Latin music recordings that utilize a
    stylistic intention, song structure, lyrical content, and/or musical presentation to create a
    sensibility that reflects the broad spectrum of Latin pop and urban music styles and culture. The
    Category includes recordings from balladeers and commercial Latin music and is not limited to any
    one region. It is inclusive of music known as international sound and romantic ballad.
    Albums with lyrics that are greater than 50% in Spanish or albums with music content that is primarily of a Latin genre in style (excluding Brazilian music) are eligible.

BEST MÚSICA URBANA ALBUM
    SCREENING CRITERIA Best Música Urbana encompasses music greater than 50% Spanish lyrics,
    originating in reggaeton and other Latin urban styles, including rap, house, R&B, trap,
    and others.

BEST LATIN ROCK OR ALTERNATIVE ALBUM
    SCREENING CRITERIA This Category recognizes excellence in Latin rock or alternative music
    recordings that utilize a stylistic intention, song structure, lyrical content, and/or musical
    presentation to create a sensibility that reflects the broad spectrum of the Latin music style
    and culture.

Albums with lyrics that are greater than 50% in Spanish or albums with music content that is
    primarily of a Latin genre in style (excluding Brazilian music) are eligible.

https://naras.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/2023RULEBOOK_11.21

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I wish Harvey would move some of his influences and in the announcement of half a year of rule change Brazilian music would have more openness in the Latin field.

It's me... Hi

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Best Latin Pop Album
    Camilo – TBA
    Danna – Childstar
    Kany García – García
    Shakira – Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran
    Kali Uchis – Orquídeas
    (Chayanne – Bailemos Otra)

Best Música Urbana Album
    Anitta – Funk Generation
    Arcángel – Sentimiento, Elegancia y Más Maldad
    Bad Bunny – Nadie Sabe lo que Va a Pasar Mañana
    Feid – Ferxxxocalipsis
    Karol G – Mañana Será Bonito (Bichota SZN)
    (Eladio Carrión – Sol María)

Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album
    Bala – Besta
    Mon Laferte – Autopoeitica
    Ana Tijoux – Vida
    Residente – Las Letras Ya No Importan
    WOS – Descartable
    (Aterciopelados – El Dorado (En Vivo))

Best African Music Performance
    Burna Boy – Tested, Approved & Trusted
    Ayra Starr – Commas
    Tems – Me & U
    Tyla – Truth or Dare (guessing Jump will go R&B since it’s getting airplay there)
    Wizkid feat. Zlatan – IDK
    (Crayon feat. Ayra Starr – Ngozi)

Best Global Music Performance
    Arooj Aftab – Raat Ki Rani
    Anitta feat. Dennis & Pedro Sampaio – Joga Pra Lua
    Jacob Collier feat. Anouska Shankar & Varijashree Venugopal – A Rock Somewhere
    Silvana Estrada – Qué Problema
    Mdou Moctar – Imouhar
    (Feid feat. ATL Jacob – Luna)

Best Global Music Album
    Aroof Aftab – Night Reign
    Mdou Moctar – Funeral For Justice
    Ayra Starr – The Year I Turned 21
    Tems – Born in the Wild
    Tyla – Tyla
    (Varijashree Venugopal – Vari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album category is packed! Aterciopelados, Bala, El David Aguilar, Mon Laferte, Nathy Peluso, Residente, Ana Tijoux, WOS… Silvana Estrada should keep her new album for the next eligibility period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Best Global Music Performance Anitta feat. Dennis & Pedro Sampaio – Joga Pra Lua

Boz, why you think “Joga Pra Lua” is going Global Music Performance and not Pop Duo/Group Performance?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Boz, why you think “Joga Pra Lua” is going Global Music Performance and not Pop Duo/Group Performance?

I think it’s delusional to believe that this song can compete. In your opinion, it seems very easy for Anitta to get votes, but in practice it is not. This year, she is following the same molds she followed in 2022, she is everywhere in the US, has already sung on The Voice and will sing on Today Show on the 31st. He will be on the Drag Race this Friday and is also on tour in the USA. I’m proud of her because she simply follows the old-fashioned booklet of the industry where the artist needed to be seen, regardless of his commercial performance. And that’s how she got the Grammy nomination in the category BEST NEW ARTIST

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I think it’s delusional to believe that this song can compete. In your opinion, it seems very easy for Anitta to get votes, but in practice it is not.

You quoted my post. Did you mean to say that to me or Boz? 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album

Nathy Peluso – GRASA

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.