Home Forums Polls! 2023 Emmys: Which Drama Supporting Actress Do You Think Should Move to Lead?

2023 Emmys: Which Drama Supporting Actress Do You Think Should Move to Lead?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
DuncanDykes
alittle03
star
2023 Emmys: Which Drama Supporting Actress Do You Think Should Move to Lead?
    Topics:

With the recent news from Variety that Coolidge, Snook and Seehorn are considering submitting at this year’s Emmys as Lead Actress instead of Supporting, I thought a poll would be an interesting way to see what users here think on the matter.

Topics:

Sarah Snook should go lead, both in terms of awards tactics and story significance. If she does, she may be Succession’s most locked-up acting win.

Jennifer Coolidge *could* if she wants to give one of her White Lotus co-stars a chance at a win, or if she wants the career optics of being treated as a Lead Actress. It wouldn’t be much of a stretch either – while the show is firmly an ensemble, she is the headlining actress and the capital-S Star of the show. If she switches, she would either win or be closely competitive with Snook.

Seehorn should go in whichever category has fewer of the other two in it – if they’re in Supporting she should go Lead, if they’re in Lead she should stay Supporting. If only one of them goes Lead, she doesn’t have a chance to win but could be nominated either category. In terms of story significance she is a Lead but it’s not crazy to call her Supporting for Awards purposes. If Coolidge and Snook both go Lead (which is unlikely), she could win in Supporting.

Snook is likeliest to switch, then Seehorn then Coolidge, which is also how I would rank them from most-to-least Lead in their show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Sarah Snook should go lead, both in terms of awards tactics and story significance. If she does, she may be Succession’s most locked-up acting win. Jennifer Coolidge *could* if she wants to give one of her White Lotus co-stars a chance at a win, or if she wants the career optics of being treated as a Lead Actress. It wouldn’t be much of a stretch either – while the show is firmly an ensemble, she is the headlining actress and the capital-S Star of the show. If she switches, she would either win or be closely competitive with Snook. Seehorn should go in whichever category has fewer of the other two in it – if they’re in Supporting she should go Lead, if they’re in Lead she should stay Supporting. If only one of them goes Lead, she doesn’t have a chance to win but could be nominated either category. In terms of story significance she is a Lead but it’s not crazy to call her Supporting for Awards purposes. If Coolidge and Snook both go Lead (which is unlikely), she could win in Supporting. Snook is likeliest to switch, then Seehorn then Coolidge, which is also how I would rank them from most-to-least Lead in their show.

Yep. This. I was gonna comment something, but this is exactly what I was going to say haha.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Haven’t seen BCS. Coolidge is supporting and Snook is lead imo

Successfully manifested the Kieran Culkin emmy

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.