Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)

2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Continue in Part 4.

Topics:

They said we’re getting her that Emmy

Topics:

The special airing the exact date first round voting begins. Oh she’s coming for blood.

Topics:

FYC: Elizabeth Debicki (“The Crown”)
    Martin Short (“Only Murders in the Building”)
    Brie Larson (“Lessons in Chemistry”)
    Billy Crudup ("The Morning Show")

Hacks, Shogun, and Baby Reindeer in all categories

Topics:

Mama coming for the gold

EGOT & Triple Crown of Acting winner, VIOLA DAVIS
    2-time Oscar winner, EMMA STONE
    Emmy & Tony winner, JODIE COMER
    Emmy & Olivier winner, SARAH SNOOK
    Berlinale winner & Emmy nominee, SEBASTIAN STAN

Topics:

What a hell of a season of Hacks. This show is brilliantly phenomenal. The finale was an all timer of a finale. each season has gotten better and each episode gets better. It just sucks that The Bear is not in the drama categories where it belongs because if it was Hacks would have swept the Emmys. Jean and Hannah are a match made in heaven and I cannot think of a more perfect pair of TV leads, Cannot wait for season four!

Topics:

How happy I’d be if somehow What We Do In the Shadows gets at least one acting nom.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

Topics:

I’m personally glad that hacks and the bear are facing off in the sense that at least we’ll very possibly avoid one of the two sweeping. After the reception to this season of Hacks it really seems like it has potential to be a strong contender against the bear. I still the the bear will take series, but many of the other categories where they face off genuinely feel like a tight race.

Topics:

Jean and Hannah will deservedly be winning their Emmys.

Topics:

IMG-4130

Family.

FYC:
    Only Murders in the Building: Outstanding Comedy Series
    Selena Gomez: Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
    Steve Martin, Martin Short: Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
    Meryl Streep: Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
    Paul Rudd: Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Topics:

This feels a lot more like a Mare of Easttown/The Queen’s Gambit situation where one show pulls off an unprecedented winter awards sweep and then another show from the Spring pulls off a couple of major above the line wins away from it (potentially being the big winner in its field above the line when all is said and done in spite of not taking the top prize) as opposed to a The People vs. OJ Simpson/Fargo one.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

Topics:

i think it’s a lot easier to compare 2 returning shows facing off vs. 2 returning shows facing off,

rather than 2 one-offs that hadn’t already been at the emmys

Topics:

i think it’s a lot easier to compare 2 returning shows facing off vs. 2 returning shows facing off,

rather than 2 one-offs that hadn’t already been at the emmys

Well the caveat to that line of thinking is neither of these shows have competed against each other before (at least at the Emmys). In particular their female leads have never faced off against each other and are just coming off of having won Emmy, Golden Globe, SAG and Critics Choice awards the last times they were in contention for those awards. I think The Bear will comfortably take series but comparing two one-off shows whose support was untested against two shows that have never faced off with each other at the Emmys doesn’t provide for any less meaningful a comparison than comparing those shows with the likes of Succession and Ozark that have both won Emmys over each other before their 2020 match up. Although of course, as any person who is not facetious, would know there’s no such thing as a flawless comparison as every parallel change depending on the eyes that are viewing them.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

Topics:

Starting to see some Girls5eva FYC billboards pop up around LA…

Believing

Topics:

Looks like it’s rare this century in comedy for it to be a dogfight between two shows (i.e. getting multiple majors each) that already got a major Emmy previously.

veep [8 previous major wins] v transparent [2 previous major wins] (2016)

modern family [many previous wins] v veep [1 previous major win] (2013)

friends [2 previous major wins] v raymond [3 previous major wins] (2002)

Seems that usually if it isn’t a sweep-y year, it’s a new challenger trying to take down a vet. Rather than 2 well-decorated shows battling.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.