Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)

2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Ebon Moss-Bachrach – Not a two-time Emmy winning performance (sorry Victor) but will become one (congrats Victor).

———————

2. Lionel Boyce – Has his own feature episode in season two and just a beloved character all round. Also the first realistic contender on A-Z ballots. Saying it again: The Bear is maxing out.

3. Oliver Platt – Nommed in Guest last year and the show’s even bigger now so no reason to think he wouldn’t manage the switch.

———————

4. Matty Matheson – Sidelined enough that he may not be regarded in the same vain as the others. But I don’t trust the voting body enough to care.

5. Tyler James Williams – could miss just purely based on The Bear potentially only leaving two slots for other shows and the bloom being off Abbott’s rose. Should have enough foundational support to make it anyway.

6. Paul W. Downs – Hacks feels ripe to increase in noms and I could even see this category being just it and The Bear. Downs had a great season and voters will likely have been watching. Only set back is that there’s only six slots and the possibility that not all voters are drawn to his character compared to the larger personalities he interacts with.

———————

7. Carl Clemons-Hopkins – I don’t see why they would get in but I also don’t see why they got in for season one so with Hacks surging again I would be a fool to not have quite high. It will be a shame if they do make it over more worthy performers.

8. Paul Rudd – Love this performance but won’t be naive to it being a guest in too many episodes and the season having aired almost a year ago. Equally do see the possibility that we are all underestimating the visibility that Only Murders has.

9. Chris Perfetti – As with Walter in SA, wouldn’t *massively* shock me if voters did a switcheroo. Ultimately though, he’s another one that would have felt more realistic with 7 slots.

———————

10. Bowen Yang – Missed last year and the fewer slots makes returning even harder. But on the small chance that The Bear doesn’t take half the category, he’s in with a shot and still has amazing ballot placement.

Writing out all this may have made me realise this is my most confident category?

Topics:

Reminder Meryl didn’t get a individual SAG nom for BLL either lol….

Topics:

Feinberg has Loot in Series but Rudolph missing Actress (for the consensus 3 plus Gomez + Wiig). Thoughts?

No comedy series has ever been a lone series nominee since Scrubs in 2005, I guess if it was going to happen any year, it would be now.

Topics:

I think it (sole-series nominee) could happen this year but it would quite random for it to be Loot, especially without Rudolph in actress.

I’m taking a shot in the dark with Young Sheldon in series. I just don’t have much faith in any of the contenders for the last few spots, besides WWDITS which I think is at least making it back into writing.

Topics:

Loot is not happening for Series loool.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

Topics:

I have the consensus 8 (The Gentlemen instead of Palm Royale) and i think I’ll keep it but i could see a Young Sheldon nom out of the blue, it was really buzzy in those last weeks. Hell, maybe even Ghoets break through.

Topics:

For some reason I’m really not buying Reservation Dogs in series (or anywhere atl)

7th in Emmy Nominations Predictions 2024!

Fyc: Elizabeth Debicki, Hacks, Only Murders

Topics:

Feinberg has Loot in Series but Rudolph missing Actress (for the consensus 3 plus Gomez + Wiig). Thoughts? No comedy series has ever been a lone series nominee since Scrubs in 2005, I guess if it was going to happen any year, it would be now.

This lineup looks realistic. Wiig and Maya will most likely split votes, but the former probably has the edge since Palm Royale had more buzz than Loot. So I also believe Maya misses. They will both definitely get in Guest Actress for SNL though

Topics:

I think Rudolph for Loot is just pundit noise and she won’t come close to happening.

Topics:

Rudolph has won 5 Emmys since 2020.. I have a lot more confidence in her than Gomez regardless of how well their shows end up doing.

Topics:

I think Rudolph for Loot is just pundit noise and she won’t come close to happening.

I’d predict her if her show made noise like Palm Royale did

But let’s not forget she was campaigning everywhere before and during voting period

Topics:

Am I the only one thinking with less nominees voters may be more selective on where they put votes and no show will get more than 2 in a category. This happened last year in comedy (and let’s be honest they could have gone for more Ted supporting actors or Abbott supporting actresses) but held at two. I really am thinking the Bear maxes out at 2 in each supporting category as a result.

I’m sure the Academy will prove my feeling wrong and I’m delusional. 🙂

Topics:

Rudolph has won 5 Emmys since 2020.. I have a lot more confidence in her than Gomez regardless of how well their shows end up doing.

If anything that track record of Emmy wins for voice acting and guest hosting SNL makes me more confident that she’ll have more support on the guest actress category than for lead

Topics:

Final Predictions

Comedy Series

1. The Bear
    2. Hacks
    3. Only Murders in the Building
    4. Abbott Elementary
    5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
    6. What We Do in the Shadows
    7. Palm Royale
    8. The Gentlemen

Lead Actor
    1. Jeremy Allen White, The Bear
    2. Martin Short, Only Murders in the Building
    3. Steve Martin, Only Murders in the Building
    4. Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
    5. Theo James, The Gentlemen

Lead Actress
    1. Jean Smart, Hacks
    2. Ago Edebiri, The Bear
    3. Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary
    4. Kristin Wiig, Palm Royale
    5. Selena Gomez, Only Murders in the Building

* kept going back and forth between Gomez and Rudolph but ultimately went with the stronger show

Supporting Actor
    1. Ebon Moss Bacharach, The Bear
    2. Oliver Platt, The Bear
    3. Tyler James Williams, Abbott Elementary
    4. Lionel Boyce, The Bear
    5. Paul Rudd, Only Murders in the Building
    6. Paul W Downs, Hacks

Supporting Actress
    1. Hannah Einbinder, Hacks
    2. Sheryl Lee Ralph, Abbott Elementary
    3. Meryl Streep, Only Murders in the Building
    4. Abby Elliott, The Bear
    5. Janelle James, Abbott Elementary
    6. Liza Colon Zayas, The Bear

Guest Actor
    1. Jon Bernthal, The Bear
    2. Bob Odenkirk, The Bear
    3. Will Poulter, The Bear
    4. Ryan Gosling, Saturday Night Live
    5. Christopher McDonald, Hacks
    6. Christopher Lloyd, Hacks

Guest Actress

The Hardest category for me to predict

1. Jamie Lee Curtis, The Bear
    2. Kaitlin Olson, Hacks
    3. Olivia Colman, The Bear
    4. Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live
    5. Kristin Wiig, Saturday Night Live
    6. J Smith Cameron, Hacks

I really wanted to fill this category with actresses from The Bear and Hacks, but I feel like Rudolph and Wiig are too strong to be ignored

Writing
    1. The Bear “Fishes”
    2. Hacks “Bulletproof”
    3. Abbott Elementary “Career Day”
    4. Only Murders in the Building “Opening Night”
    5. Only Murders in the Building “Thirty”
    6. What We Do in the Shadows “Pride Parade”

Directing
    1. The Bear “Fishes”
    2. The Bear “Honeydew”
    3. Hacks “Bulletproof”
    4. Frasier “The Good Father”
    5. Only Murders in the Building “Sitzprobe”
    6. The Gentlemen “Refined Aggression”

7th in Emmy Nominations Predictions 2024!

Fyc: Elizabeth Debicki, Hacks, Only Murders

Topics:

The Bear seeing Hacks interrupt its sweep at TCA

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2024 Emmy Awards Comedy Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.