Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 380 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Part 8 is now open.

Topics:

Succession should be critiqued for its underuse of its female cast (in particular, the older women) more than race IMHO. Smith-Cameron in the final season and Hiam Abbass pretty much the whole show. You can not tell me a little more screentime for Abbass would not have added a layer.

i don’t know if that’s a specific you or a general you but i agree wholeheartedly with the entire sentiment

From the river to the sea

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

i don’t know if that’s a specific you or a general you but i agree wholeheartedly with the entire sentiment

A general you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

CBS is really pushing it, in the middle of voting multiple articles are coming about Preston.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/carrie-preston-playing-elsbeth-the-good-wife-the-good-fight-1235920274/

Please let her get the nom tv gods.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

CBS is really pushing it, in the middle of voting multiple articles are coming about Preston.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/carrie-preston-playing-elsbeth-the-good-wife-the-good-fight-1235920274/

She deserves it

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Honestly, if network are ever going to get back in ATL for a drama, this is the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Ellabros, is she campaigning?

"The spice must sweep." - Paul Mua'Sweep

#DUNCSweep2025

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Ellabros, is she campaigning?

Barely, if at all 🙁 Prime has gone all in in centering the Fallout FYC acting push on Goggins, he’s getting interview after interview after interview. It’s not fully out of the realm of possibility someone like Ella coattails especially given how much visibility Fallout has and how much goodwill is centered around her performance but I’m unsure enough people feel sufficiently passionate about it despite how key it is to making barely anything about that show work. It’s kinda reminding me of Margot as Barbie last year where the performance is consistently underestimated and downplayed just because the performer makes it look easy, even though both roles are VERY hard to nail down in tone.

Anyways at this point watch out for someone like Preston for the 6th spot, given she’s someone who’s actually being Actively campaigned. And I wouldn’t mind her a nom at all, I’m just curious to see if Witherspoon is going to be a factor in this race or not. Ditto Stone.

Off topic: FINALLY watched the rest of The Crown’s episodes (Alma Mater through the 6×09, just missing Sleep Dearie Sleep) and … I actually didn’t hate them? Was pretty engrossed in fact! The Harry actor was still godawful but I thought William and Kate would be wayyyy worse considering the reactions from back then and I found myself enjoying their episode. Ritz though!! 😭😭😭 I didn’t like the flashbacks (sorry!!) but the modern day stuff was like, Peak Crown. G tier performance by Manville. Yet to be That impressed by Staunton, though.. let’s see if the finale delivers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Barely, if at all 🙁 Prime has gone all in in centering the Fallout FYC acting push on Goggins, he’s getting interview after interview after interview. It’s not fully out of the realm of possibility someone like Ella coattails especially given how much visibility Fallout has and how much goodwill is centered around her performance but I’m unsure enough people feel sufficiently passionate about it despite how key it is to making barely anything about that show work

She doesn’t have pundit support, which I think makes it hard. She’s been a little underdone promo wise from the get-go, I think (which means they’re racing to catch up) and yeah, Goggins seems to be the studio push. I do think she can happen, but mostly because she feels like she’s going to fill an underserved demo than because she has astronomical support.

I do wonder if she might be a Globe possibility though

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

and I found myself enjoying their episode.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

They’re going all out for the guests too. I really wonder if we’re underestimating Krakowski.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

They’re going all out for the guests too. I really wonder if we’re underestimating Krakowski. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8ciRTJp6t6/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=14&wp=1134&rd=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldderby.com&rp=%2Fforum%2Ftv%2F2024-emmy-awards-drama-categories-part-8%2F#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A4629%7D //platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js

Idk if I’m fully convinced on Elsbeth really anywhere, but a Krakowski nom actually makes a lot of sense to me a la Bernadette Peters

From the river to the sea

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Looks like she’s campaigning too

https://collider.com/shogun-moeka-hoshi/

Great to see it since i was getting worried only Sawai was doing promo.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Whilst I’m disappointed that I’m no longer predicting either Baranski or Nixon part of me is really happy at the possibility of the drama supporting actress lineup I’m currently predicting happening. I actually think it would not only be the strongest in this category this decade so far but also one of the strongest in the category in a long time.

– Nicole Beharie, The Morning Show
    – Elizabeth Debicki, The Crown
    – Moeka Hoeshi, Shōgun
    – Greta Lee, The Morning Show
    – Lesley Manville, The Crown
    – Fumi Nikaido, Shōgun
    – Karen Pittman, The Morning Show

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Really rather annoyed looking through the creative arts ballots to make my predictions that Sugar has submitted itself in both half hour and hour long cinematography. When are the Television Academy going to close that loophole?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 380 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.