Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 380 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
14 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Annoying that Holland Taylor was in 5 episodes this season, she would’ve probably won guest actress if she was eligible

7th in Emmy Nominations Predictions 2024!

Fyc: Elizabeth Debicki, Hacks, Only Murders

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Personally I’d pick Baranski and Nixon over all 4 TMS contenders but people from the latter are more likely to happen.

I’d rank Taylor #1, Beharie #2, Lee #3, Pittman #4, Margulies #5.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I simply want Baranski to happen over Margulies simply so this gif can gain new resonance.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Gilded Age, but I need Baranski to get nominated again

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

She’s marvelous in it, you need to watch it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Interesting fact: Baranski was nominated consistently until the year the unlimited ballot came in, when I was looking in to it she was on paper the actor who was most hurt by it. Obviously there are other factors like the visibility of her show but it will be interesting to see if she benefits from a restricted one once more (S1 was under unlimited).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Holland Taylor was really hurt by the guest star rule…especially considering in the finale she just has that small scene in the car.

At least I was hoping that would have helped Lindasay Duncan…but they didn’t submit her!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Holland Taylor was really hurt by the guest star rule…especially considering in the finale she just has that small scene in the car.

At least I was hoping that would have helped Lindasay Duncan…but they didn’t submit her!

Don’t get me started on how they didn’t submit Duncan

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’ve only watched the first season, but she’s kind of like TGA’s Dowager Countess

From the river to the sea

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’ve only watched the first season, but she’s kind of like TGA’s Dowager Countess

I have watched the first episode when it first came out, i did really like it but i never got round to it again

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’ve just noticed that Shogun missed in Outstanding Location altogether while Fallout is nominated in Period Location sub-catgory lol how’s that a period show?

Do we make anything of it? Like, Shogun showing weakness in BTL support?

"The spice must sweep." - Paul Mua'Sweep

#DUNCSweep2025

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’ve just noticed that Shogun missed in Outstanding Location altogether while Fallout is nominated in Period Location sub-catgory lol how’s that a period show? Do we make anything of it? Like, Shogun showing weakness in BTL support?

Location Guild is just about the only guild that doesn’t have an accompanying Emmy category so probably not. I’m not even sure location scouts vote. Theoretically, might be a tiny bit of alignment with production design, but all three of last years winners (OMITB, Cabinet of Curiosities, and Wednesday)  weren’t even nominated.

I might be speaking out of turn here but I can see that guild being highly political. Location stuff has a huge amount to do with grants these days.

In general, for Emmy purposes, settings should be 25+ years old for period (so at this point pre 1999).  The only way I can see how Fallout applies is if their rule is around the OG source which I believe is slightly older.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Don’t mind me, just waiting for the forwardswill and wolfali rankings of their predictions with their commentary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I hate to be a buzzkill but I just figured I couldn’t care less about this years Emmys… We will probably have a complete sweep in both Drama (Shogun) and Comedy (The Bear), which makes it not so interesting to predict or follow.

I hope next year will be more thrilling… Or alternatively some surprises come nominations day

2x Academy Award Winner Sir Christopher Nolan

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I hope next year will be more thrilling… Or alternatively some surprises come nominations day

I think most of us are like that, this thread is not super active compared to 2025 for a reason. It’s not that there aren’t deserving potential winners, it’s just a dull contest.

Wouldn’t mind some surprises at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 380 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.