Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Limited/Movie Categories (Part 6)

2024 Emmy Awards Limited/Movie Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Continue in Part 6.

Topics:

we still don’t know how many slots limited will have correct? The predix center shows 48 limited series so that would mean there would need to be 33 more not in the predix center that were submitted to have 6 slots. Does anyone know roughly how many were aired this cycle?

From the river to the sea

Topics:

All I can say now that Shogun is switching from a limited series to a drama is to congratulate Hiroyuki Sanada on winning Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series.

Topics:

I present to you *anthologies*

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

Topics:

I do hope Watts, Lane and Sevigny all get nominated for Feud, best work I have seen from all of them in years

7th in Emmy Nominations Predictions 2024!

Fyc: Elizabeth Debicki, Hacks, Only Murders

Topics:

we still don’t know how many slots limited will have correct? The predix center shows 48 limited series so that would mean there would need to be 33 more not in the predix center that were submitted to have 6 slots. Does anyone know roughly how many were aired this cycle?

There are more not in the centre but I’d struggle to believe there were another 33.

If I do an advanced IMDB search down to 1K votes on English language: notable exclusions are mostly British series, some of which may be submitting in international: Bodies, both Harlen Coben adaptations Fool Me Once and Shelter (I don’t believe previous ones have submitted at the Emmys before, but Fool Me Once was atypically successful in the US vs other Coben adaptations), Who Is Erin Carter?, The Sixth Commandment (which Britbox have the rights to), and The Full Monty. and Mr Bates vs The Post Office which I think will probably submit in International (I believe PBS have the rights).

Topics:

I do hope Watts, Lane and Sevigny all get nominated for Feud, best work I have seen from all of them in years

I agree with Watts but thus far I’m finding myself rather unimpressed by both Lane and Sevigny and I tend to like both of them in everything. The latter in particular gave more striking performances on television in We Are Who We Are and The Girl From Plainville these past couple of years. Flockhart has comparatively hardly been it and yet every time she appears she brings about a memorable presence that adds a bit more depth to the show than it deserves and makes you feel like you’re staring into a time capsule.

TV FYC: Juno Temple ("Fargo"), Tony Shalhoub ("Mr. Monk's Last Case"), Rashida Jones ("Silo"), The Curse, Expats, The Gilded Age and Slow Horses in all categories.

Topics:

Has anyone seen the Lillian Hall trailer? It just looks like the kind of movie that would definitely get nominated at least and Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe seem to be acting their asses out!! It comes out a little late but I’m definitely jumping on that train.

Topics:

Has anyone seen the Lillian Hall trailer? It just looks like the kind of movie that would definitely get nominated at least and Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe seem to be acting their asses out!! It comes out a little late but I’m definitely jumping on that train.

HBO’s record with TV movies lately has been bad but I don’t mind the trailer.

Topics:

So real talk how do we get Archie Panjabi onto the prediction center?

Topics:

I’m starting to think Under the Bridge can score that 5th spot in Limited Series. It should be Hulu’s big push now that Shogun moved to Drama and it’s hit #1 on that streamer’s charts with the release of it’s 7th episode, which should mean it’s been somewhat popular. It seems far more accessible than Ripley, Masters of the Air, The Sympathizer, Feud or Fellow Travelers. Plus, Hulu over performed in the Limited categories last year.

I can see both Lily Gladstone and Riley Keough getting in Supporting. They’ve been doing excellent work. It’s debatable if they belong in Lead, but with them competing is Supporting, there is zero to slim chance that Archie Panjabi has any shot at a nom (even though she was excellent in this week’s episode).

Topics:

Seems tons less accessible than masters of the air

Topics:

I’ve been thinking about Under the Bridge too, it might be my bubble but I’ve seen a bit of talk about it and it feels the typical true crime mold they tend to nominate, plus they really like Hulu in this category.
    Don’t think I’ll predict it for the top prize but I’m more confident in my Gladstone prediction.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

Topics:

I would entertain Under The Bridge more if it was more campaigned, but the only FYC event planned for it is a joint panel with We Were The Lucky Ones called “Powerhouse Performances: An Evening with Joey King & Riley Keough” that doesn’t even seem to feature Gladstone.

Topics:

I would entertain Under The Bridge more if it was more campaigned, but the only FYC event planned for it is a joint panel with We Were The Lucky Ones called “Powerhouse Performances: An Evening with Joey King & Riley Keough” that doesn’t even seem to feature Gladstone.

There was already an Emmy FYC event for “Under the Bridge” that doubled as it’s premiere at the DGA in LA on 3/15. It included a screening and Q&A panel with Gladstone and Keogh.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘2024 Emmy Awards Limited/Movie Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.