#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,904
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,775
    After the last 24 hours with vice president Trump amd president putin if the 25th isn't invoked by EOD it never will be. This man is mentally gone. People with dementia are mentally stronger than Biden.
    Have you ever lived with someone with Dementia? Cause I did my mother passed away last year after suffering 10 long years! You don’t know what the F you are talking about.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,316
    After the last 24 hours with vice president Trump amd president putin if the 25th isn't invoked by EOD it never will be. This man is mentally gone. People with dementia are mentally stronger then Biden.
    haha. gimme a break. watch his last presser where he was answering questions by reporters in real time. the guy is sharp as a tack most of the time. he makes mistakes with names, big fucking deal. trump says wind mills cause cancer and we should inject bleach into our bodies and shine a "really powerful light" down our throats to combat covid. You wanna see gone? well, not gone, just insanely fucking stupid. 

and the call for him to step down by democrats has nothing to do with his mental acuity, you know that, right? it's all about perception. democrats now think he can't win because of the media frenzy, and they might be right. if this wasn't such a big fucking deal in that arena, no democrats would be calling for his replacement. 

U got a real hard on for Joe. U sound like left wing version of Maga. Literally everything u said is wrong.  Leave the cult man. Come back to your senses
    BWAHAHAHA. I couldn’t care less who is the democratic nominee. As long as they beat trump. 

And I’m canadian and don’t subscribe to identity politics. Vote across the board depending on issues. 

Seems your cognitive decline is worse than Joe’s. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,316
    Tim Apple
    Obama is the current
    prez
    nikki haley/nancy pelosi
    misnames his own doctor

but biden is the one in decline. Suuuure. 😂 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,058
    Tim Apple
    Obama is the current
    prez
    nikki haley/nancy pelosi
    misnames his own doctor

but biden is the one in decline. Suuuure. 😂 
    They both are,  unfortunately.  That's why I'd like our guy to step back.  Continue to be the better party. 
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 493
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth

edited July 16
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

1996; 9/28 New York
    1996; 9/28 New York
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,774
    Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank), who is running for U.S. Senate in California, is calling for President Biden to drop out of the presidential race, he said in an exclusive statement Wednesday to The Times.

Schiff, who is heavily favored to win his Senate race, cited "serious concerns" that Biden can beat former President Trump in November.

He is the latest Democrat to call for the incumbent president of their own party to end his campaign amid growing concerns about Biden's age and mental fitness to do the job — which began in earnest after a disastrous debate performance last month where Biden at times appeared confused.

In his statement, Schiff said Biden "has been one of the most consequential presidents in our nation's history, and his lifetime of service as a Senator, a Vice President, and now as President has made our country better."

"But our nation is at a crossroads," he said. "A second Trump presidency will undermine the very foundation of our democracy, and I have serious concerns about whether the President can defeat Donald Trump in November."

Schiff said the "choice to withdraw from the campaign is President Biden's alone," but that he believes it is time for Biden "to pass the torch" and "secure his legacy of leadership" by allowing another Democrat to beat Trump.

Schiff also said he will fully support whoever ends up at the top of the Democratic ticket — including if it remains Biden.

"I will do everything I can to help them succeed," Schiff said. "There is only one singular goal: defeating Donald Trump. The stakes are just too high."

Schiff is running for the Senate seat that was long held by the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat, and is currently held by Sen. Laphonza Butler, a Newsom appointee to serve out the remainder of Feinstein's term after her death in September.

Schiff — who has been a prominent critic of Trump and served as a leader in the congressional efforts to impeach him — is expected to win the race in November. He faces retired Dodgers All-Star Steve Garvey, a Republican, after beating out other leading Democratic contenders for the seat in a crowded primary earlier this year.

Get the L.A. Times Politics newsletter. Deeply reported insights into legislation, politics and policy from Sacramento, Washington and beyond, in your inbox three times per week.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

65% of Democrats say Biden should drop out after debate disaster, poll finds

Seven in 10 adults say Biden should drop out of the race, AP-NORC poll finds

Published July 17, 2024 11:45am EDT | Updated July 17, 2024 12:25pm EDT

new poll released on Wednesday found that 65% of Democrats say President Biden should drop out following his disastrous debate performance against former President Trump. 

The AP-NORC survey – which was conducted July 11-15, mostly completed before the attempted assassination of Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend – found that 7 in 10 adults, including 65% of Democrats, say Biden should withdraw and allow his party to select a different nominee.

Overall, 57% of adults say Trump should withdraw from the race and allow his party to name a replacement. But Trump is maintaining support from his party, with 73% of Republicans saying he should stay in the race.

Biden is facing more resistance from his party, with only 35% of Democrats saying he should continue his re-election campaign. 

The survey found that more people view Biden as honest than those who feel the same way as Trump, but Trump is more likely to be seen as capable of winning in November and better able to handle a crisis, according to the Associated Press. 

Black Democrats are among Biden’s strongest supporters. Half of Black Democrats say he should continue running, while only a third of White and Hispanic Democrats say the same.

Younger Democrats are more likely to want Biden to withdraw from the race. Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to 57% of those over the age of 45.

Thirty-seven percent of Democrats are satisfied with Biden as their party’s nominee. Before last month’s debate, 42% were satisfied. Meanwhile, the number of Democrats who are dissatisfied has grown from 38% to 48%.

In contrast, about 6 in 10 Republicans continue to be satisfied with Trump, while roughly a quarter are dissatisfied with him at the top of the Republican ticket.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,775
    shecky said:

65% of Democrats say Biden should drop out after debate disaster, poll finds

Seven in 10 adults say Biden should drop out of the race, AP-NORC poll finds

Published July 17, 2024 11:45am EDT | Updated July 17, 2024 12:25pm EDT

new poll released on Wednesday found that 65% of Democrats say President Biden should drop out following his disastrous debate performance against former President Trump. 

The AP-NORC survey – which was conducted July 11-15, mostly completed before the attempted assassination of Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend – found that 7 in 10 adults, including 65% of Democrats, say Biden should withdraw and allow his party to select a different nominee.

Overall, 57% of adults say Trump should withdraw from the race and allow his party to name a replacement. But Trump is maintaining support from his party, with 73% of Republicans saying he should stay in the race.

Biden is facing more resistance from his party, with only 35% of Democrats saying he should continue his re-election campaign. 

The survey found that more people view Biden as honest than those who feel the same way as Trump, but Trump is more likely to be seen as capable of winning in November and better able to handle a crisis, according to the Associated Press. 

Black Democrats are among Biden’s strongest supporters. Half of Black Democrats say he should continue running, while only a third of White and Hispanic Democrats say the same.

Younger Democrats are more likely to want Biden to withdraw from the race. Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to 57% of those over the age of 45.

Thirty-seven percent of Democrats are satisfied with Biden as their party’s nominee. Before last month’s debate, 42% were satisfied. Meanwhile, the number of Democrats who are dissatisfied has grown from 38% to 48%.

In contrast, about 6 in 10 Republicans continue to be satisfied with Trump, while roughly a quarter are dissatisfied with him at the top of the Republican ticket.

I’ll crawl for 10 miles of broken glass to vote for the old man if he stays on or ill
    vote for the replacement candidate if that were to be. Never ever for a rapist adulterous heinous criminal! Enjoy your clown Convention I hope Ruddy can stay off the bottle 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,942
    Seems as if this is proof that Democrats are not the ones in a cult.

Shecky...not seeing the irony here, of course. 
    www.myspace.com

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,258

Most people are smart enough to not generalize the entirety of anything based on the fringes, but the argument could be made for the other 35%. 
    FiveBelow said:

Most people are smart enough to not generalize the entirety of anything based on the fringes, but the argument could be made for the other 35%. 
    Yeah....in the maga world, you are not allowed to even question Trump. If you do you are an outcast, primaried, and have to worry for your life in some cases....and are only welcomed back if you grovel for forgiveness and pledge allegiance to one man. We sadly witnessed that yet again last night. Sad state of affairs. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,792
    FiveBelow said:

Yeah....in the maga world, you are not allowed to even question Trump. If you do you are an outcast, primaried, and have to worry for your life in some cases....and are only welcomed back if you grovel for forgiveness and pledge allegiance to one man. We sadly witnessed that yet again last night. Sad state of affairs. 
    Yeah Haley just dragged the bottom last night. Holy shit what a fucking hypocrite.

Desantis right there with her but she was much more insulting to tRump. And then there's Vance.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    FiveBelow said:

Political tactics concerning job/power security do not surprise me, this is nothing new. It is after all the main reason the dems have turned on biden, down ballot effects being a priority.

FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

Political tactics concerning job/power security do not surprise me, this is nothing new. 

Can you explain when it has happened before? Donald Trump has posted memes and articles calling for the execution of Liz Cheney. Can you tell us when that last happened in the US?
    www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,488
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

Political tactics concerning job/power security do not surprise me, this is nothing new. 

Can you explain when it has happened before? Donald Trump has posted memes and articles calling for the execution of Liz Cheney. Can you tell us when that last happened in the US?
    Or when the other major party of the two political parties, the Dems, kept the company the current repub party keeps? Or when a liberal SCJ travelled to the hometown of a Soviet Union leader gratis and didn’t disclose it? Or accepted gifts from billionaires with business before the SCOTUS? Or whose spouses actively advocated for and participated in an attempted coup?

All same-same. Nothing to see here because the two 35% are the same. Good fucking lord.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,603

Yup, as they should be telling Trump to drop out too.
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

Are you seriously arguing that job security and the relegation of power is not a motivating factor to those who change their tune for the powers that be in any given administration? It is literally happening right now in both fucking parties.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,256
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

Well they did used to shoot at each other…at least some have ;) 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited July 17
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:
    FiveBelow said:

Are you seriously arguing that job security and the relegation of power is not a motivating factor to those who change their tune for the powers that be in any given administration? It is literally happening right now in both fucking parties.

Awwwww....there's the disingenuousness we all know and love! Both sides are the same! Woo! 

Can you remember a time when a former president called for a televised military tribunal for a member of his party who spoke out against  him? Hmmm? Is Joe Biden threatening any of these folks with the same thing? I'll answer for you....no, he's not. You know why? Because the democrats are not in a cult. If you are a republican and you speak out against Trump you literally fear for your life. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/politics/trump-liz-cheney-military-tribunal/index.html

Trump amplifies posts calling for televised military tribunal for Liz Cheney

Republican presidential candidate and former U.S. President Donald Trump, left, and former U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), right. 
    Justin Sullivan/Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
    CNN — 

Former President Donald Trump amplified posts on social media calling for a televised military tribunal for former Republican Rep. Liz Cheney and the jailing of top elected officials, including President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

“ELIZABETH LYNNE CHENEY IS GUILTY OF TREASON,” one post created by another user that Trump amplified on his social media website Truth Social on Sunday reads. “RETRUTH IF YOU WANT TELEVISED MILITARY TRIBUNALS.”

Cheney responded on X, “Donald - This is the type of thing that demonstrates yet again that you are not a stable adult—and are not fit for office.”

A separate post Trump amplified on Truth Social Sunday includes photos of 15 former and current elected officials and says, “THEY SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL ON MONDAY NOT STEVE BANNON!”

In addition to Biden and Harris, the post includes photos of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, former Vice President Mike Pence and members of the House select committee that investigated the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.

When reached for comment, a Trump campaign spokesperson did not address Trump’s posts but instead pointed to what she described as the January 6 committee’s “political persecution” of the former president.

Trump, who has been convicted of 34 felony counts and faces an additional 54 charges in three other cases, has long suggested he would try to prosecute his political opponents if he’s elected to a second term.

His suggestions of potentially going after political opponents by weaponizing the Justice Department began more than a year ago, when he was first indicted. Trump has said he would appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Biden and his family if he wins a second term and has argued several times he believes he is justified in doing so because Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed a special counsel to oversee criminal investigations that implicate Trump.

www.myspace.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,357
    shecky said:

Meanwhile trump opens his mouth about the economy, Taiwan and tariffs yesterday and the nasdaq lost 3% today. POOF!

you really think tariffs work?

Fox News' Louis Casiano contributed to this report.

Lindsay Kornick is an associate editor for Fox News Digital. Story tips can be sent to lindsay.kornick@fox.com and on Twitter: @lmkornick.