1.  Long Road
2.  Nothingman
3.  Immortality
4.  In Hiding
5.  Scared Of Fear
6.  React, Respond
7.  Wreckage
8.  Dark Matter

(While praising Mike someone in audience says something Ed doesn’t approve of.  He half jokingly tells the guy to fuck off and makes fun of his hat and glasses and says don’t fuck with my man Mike McCready.  He also mentions a young girl named Hannah who has a medical condition but was able to move her procedure to make the show.)

9.  Wishlist
10. Even Flow
11. Quick Escape
12. Upper Hand
13. Got To Give-(live debut)

(Ed brings up the mistake that happened during Red Mosquito on the first night and after “forensic research” he determined that he fucked up.  He asks the audience to boo him.  Louder.  He suggests that if he is no longer in the band in Portland Red Mosquito will be the reason why.)

14. Running
15. Jeremy

(Ed talks to young boy in audience named Ryan)

16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) just a couple of lines and jam 1:11

Encore Break
(Ed writes on the overhead projector.  He talks about hanging out with the Stanley Cup last week and hopes it comes here next. And he writes when the first PJ show was in Seattle and Vancouver as well as the venue, etc. Ed gets his acoustic guitar and talks about losing his friend Jerome Rothenberg.)

17. Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon) Ed solo acoustic
18. Why Go
19. Do The Evolution
20. Alone
21. Alive
22. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)

(Ed invites the young boy Ryan to sit on the steps at the front of the stage and gives him a bottle of "wine” to sip from.  It is not wine.)

23. Smile
24. Setting Sun

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,503
    This was another amazing show. I thought it was going to be difficult to beat night one but nope, they did it. Fantastic show. Can't wait for LA.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,581
    Tremendous show. The guys sound just terrific these first two shows. I know the screen is a divisive topic, but the visuals work well with the new songs and having the video up for DTE is a smart move.

The new songs are awesome; I was psyched to hear “Got to Give,” one of my favorites from the new album. We’re still waiting for “Waiting For Stevie.”

The show had a lot of energy and a great set list. Any night that features both “In Hiding” and “Immortality” is a great night, in my opinion.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 192
    Such an awesome (day and) night.
    New friends made in the GA line followed by first time on the rail.
    Thanks to all who made it special.

Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 825
    The 1st 4 songs were the best start to a show I have ever seen!

Alone!
    Smile!

And once again Setting Sun was amazing!

Thank you Pearl Jam for 2 incredible shows!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,803
    edited May 7
    Incredible show!!!!! Smile in the encore was an especially great treat. :) I saw little Ryan on the way out - he was clutching his Tambo and was pleased when i talked to him about it, and he and dad looked pretty satisfied (and sleepy!).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cypressdrivecypressdrive Posts: 42
    edited May 7
    The visuals were better tonight. More camera work on the band which made it easier to see something from behind some ten foot tall guy on the floor in front of me. Great show. The crowd was as energized as night one and the band really delivered. Thanks so much. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    This was great. The four-song intro was a better set of songs than Night 1. "Alone" was a very cool surprise. The Dark Matter songs rocked again, and it was exciting to add "Got to Give" to the mix. I am glad to see that "Quick Escape" has survived to see another tour, although disappointed that it was the only post-1998 non-Dark Matter track played across the two nights. Would have loved "Waiting for Stevie" in the encore instead of "Baba," although it was a great "Baba."

Deep Sea Diver watched the show from the pit. They were right in front of me as I was in Row 1 behind GA.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,803
    @BF25394 - you were right, I was wrong! There were some empty seats, but it was more full than I ever imagined it would be. Enough people to not feel like it was an attendance problem.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    PJ_Soul said:
    @BF25394 - you were right, I was wrong! There were some empty seats, but it was more full than I ever imagined it would be. Enough people to not feel like it was an attendance problem.
    I don't think I predicted anything about tonight, so I don't deserve credit for being right. I only observed that it was full the other night. And I don't think you said it wouldn't be full tonight; you just said there were a lot of unsold tickets for tonight, which was true when you said it. I heard two different times on the radio today where DJs said that there were tickets available, so there must have been a lot of walkup ticket sales because, like you said, it was close to full.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 722
    Did they use the gigaton visualiser when they played quick escape?
  • lovemyrunnerslovemyrunners Posts: 17
    edited May 7
    Found out my other concert tonight was postponed for illness at 4:45pm, had tix to N2 by 5! When I asked my husband to see if our 16yo wanted to go to another PJ show (and his 3rd concert in as many days) the answer was “uh yea”! 

Showed up just as Deep Sea Diver started, but as we’d seen them already on Saturday (they’re great!) we perused the merch booths that were pretty decimated. Got the night’s sticker and pin. If anyone has a lead on a medium Vancouver tee (black with bottle on the back) from tonight let me know - the boy was a bit disappointed, but not heartbroken. Go early or go home empty handed, amiright?

Our last minute seats were front row balcony, mid-arena. Thank you F2F tickets! Got stuck in a bit of a sitting section, but eventually just stood up by ourselves despite it. Told my son I’d disown him if he sat during Jeremy. 😅

The band was on again tonight. Mike’s playing was fire - even with whatever injury he sustained when he fell on Saturday. Personally, I think they’re playing like they love their new album and it’s the baby they want to show off. The crowd’s reception seemed really good. The rest of the setlist made me happy. Besides Jeremy I was stoked to hear Wishlist, In Hiding, Evolution (2 for 2 on that one!), and Baba, which has had a place in my heart since Vancouver ‘98. I was glad my son got to hear Even Flow. 

Honestly, no complaints from me. Did they play a lot of new stuff? Yes. Did they play everything I, myself, would request? Of course not. They’re playing a little bit of A and a little bit of B and putting it together to make a hell of a fun show. Enjoy the ones you get to see!
    Post edited by lovemyrunners on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,095
    Setlist looks 🔥 Immortality, Quick Escape, In Hiding, Smile, Baba, Dark Matter songs. Looks like a great Vancouver double banger! 

Can’t wait to follow the Portland set. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,355
    Can’t wait for the Portland and two Chicago shows (birthday weekend shows).
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984
    Any idea what was said about Mike

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 154
    once again thx to the 10club for the fantastic seats for both night 1 & 2
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,503
    eboweddie said:
    Any idea what was said about Mike
    I think the dude fancied himself a better guitar player. Ed took offense.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    MYM said:
    Such an awesome (day and) night.
    New friends made in the GA line followed by first time on the rail.
    Thanks to all who made it special.

curious, how long did you wait in GA line? Trying to get a sense of when I need to show up for the Vegas GA line (not necessarily trying for rail)
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    once again thx to the 10club for the fantastic seats for both night 1 & 2
    Nice. What is your 10C number? I'm guessing sub-100xxx
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 825

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,703
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    I had a great time again. I loved the Vitalogy punch of Nothingman into Immortality.
    I LOVED seeing Mike's fingers close up on the big screen during Evenflow, I thought that was so cool.
    Wreckage is just such a fantastic song, an instant class. It's so great to see Mike, Jeff and Ed lined up singing together at the end while this giant wave crosses the screen. Y Go into Evolution into Alone was KILLER.
    Smile was a tremendous surprise, Baba brought the house down.
    As a two show complete setlist it was incredible. What a perfect 2 night stand in Vancouver!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 779
    Pretty nice upgrade last night. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Here is a question I give to you.

During DTE, they play snippets of the original 1998 McFarlane video. There is some pretty powerful imagery in that video. And taken as a single still or picture with that imagery behind the band, it could look pretty bad and be taken out of context.
    There was literally a slave master whipping slaves, Nazi-esque imagery, and the KKK burning crosses. In the context of the video and understanding the concept, it's fine, I get it. 

However, in this day and age, what do you think about it being blasted behind the band, when I can take a picture like this?

"Hey mom, this is the band I've seen 41 times"

Personally I think it is asking for trouble and think they should remove it from the live show. My 2 cents. Thoughts?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 542
    edited May 7
    Regarding The Girl Hannah.  We flew in from Toronto on Friday on WestJet.  On flight they announced there was a young person on plane going to Vancouver for “Make a wish Foundation”.  I’m curious as to whether it was possibly her that Ed was referring to prior to Wishlist on Vancouver Night 2.  If anyone knows please say.
    Post edited by O_G_D on
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,703
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,581
    My thought is that it would be hard to find someone who a) didn’t know about the band’s reputation and b) thought that one frame from a concert told the whole story and c) was an inclined to get agitated about it. Plus, nowadays creating a fake image is so easy that even I could learn to do it in a few minutes. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,687
    Best band in the world. Two amazing shows in Vancouver!!

the first four songs tonight were unbelievable!!!

see you in Missoula!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,840
    Here is a question I give to you.

During DTE, they play snippets of the original 1998 McFarlane video. There is some pretty powerful imagery in that video. And taken as a single still or picture with that imagery behind the band, it could look pretty bad and be taken out of context.
    There was literally a slave master whipping slaves, Nazi-esque imagery, and the KKK burning crosses. In the context of the video and understanding the concept, it's fine, I get it. 

However, in this day and age, what do you think about it being blasted behind the band, when I can take a picture like this?

"Hey mom, this is the band I've seen 41 times"

Personally I think it is asking for trouble and think they should remove it from the live show. My 2 cents. Thoughts?
    So we are just supposed to ignore what has/is happening because it might look bad. That's ridiculous. If someone is ignorant enough to look at one picture and form a whole opinion without doing any further investigation, then this band is definitely not for you.

It was great to see the video play on the screen for me personally. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Another amazing show. I do think a few less DM songs makes for a bit better show for the average fan of which most of the arena is made up of, not 10c members as much as we think it is. That being said I personally love DM and wanted to hear Waiting for Stevie.

What an amazing two night run. My only complaint is Quick Escape as the only Gigaton song. if they were only going to play one, it should have been Dance of the Clairvoyants.
    These were my only two shows scheduled on this tour, but now I am contemplating another........
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 721
    If they only play one from Gigaton, I think they picked the right one.