Walk on intro music: Dark Entree

Set List

01. Black
02. Immortality
03. Why Go
04. Scared Of Fear
05. React, Respond
06. Wreckage
{Ed talks about where they are from and the jobs they had before being in the band}
07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
08. Dark Matter
09. Jeremy
{Ed points out friend of Mike and the band, Steve Gleason.  He also notes that Mike lost his good friend Kenny Down near the start of the tour.}
10. Come Back
11. Corduroy
12. Pilate
13. In My Tree
14. Upper Hand
15. Waiting For Stevie
{Ed has the lights brought up to see the audience and says “We can never take this for granted”.  He talks about driving around, “We pass each other on the streets” hearing people playing their music and him trying to get their attention.  We are unified in needs and music.
We cannot be divided.  We should refuse to be used by desperate, any politician. World leaders need to be held accountable.  Apathy will be taken advantage of.  Fear can drive us a apart.  Can’t let that happen. Let love and unity win the day.}
16. Love Boat Captain
17. Porch

Encore Break
{Ed says…you might not know it but here is where the biggest guest lists are.  Not Chicago.  Not New York.  I wish it was longer.  There are names I would like to be on it but we lost some people this year…)
18. Hurt-(Reznor)
19. Inside Job
20. Running
21. Spin The Black Circle
22. Something Special
23. Alive
24. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) w/ Deep Sea Diver
25. Setting Sun

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,581
    Good show, long show. 😁
    More tomorrow — I have to catch a 6:00am flight.
    Great end to this leg of the tour though, will be looking forward to the fall shows and putting my summer behind me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,131

So glad i got this one! 

Really solid show with GA rocking full time

Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Absolutely amazing show. 25th show and I think top 3 for me, easy. The guys were on fire, playing like they were possessed. The whole band looked like they were having so much fun. Show seemed a lot longer too than Tuesday, in the best ways! Great stuff
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,897
    edited May 31
    A bit poser-y to play a Trent Reznor-song but yet again not sing his lyrics but the altered the Johnny Cash lyrics. :P 

Respect the Rez!

Nice show! Weird-cool start.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    Show number 80 and show number 10 this month was a fitting capper to a whirlwind 27 days. I'll post more later, but I wanted to mention that I ended up next to the same fellow Ten Club member at four different shows (VAN 1 and 2 and SEA 1 and 2, and we were supposed to be in the same row in POR but she got sick). During the leadup to "Love Boat Captain," with Boom playing the keyboard riff on a loop while Eddie talked, we made a bet as to whether they were going to play "LBC" (her guess) or "Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted" (my guess). She won the bet, but then forwarded me a picture of the set list after the show with the comment, "We were both right." (As you see above, the original set list called for "Wasted" but they switched to "LBC.") 

I'm a little bummed they fell just short of 100 unique songs across the shows (it was 97, 98 if you count "Little Wing," 99 if you add in Napa and "Last Kiss"), but this was a really enjoyable show despite the low number of tour debuts. I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than Night 1.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 65
    Meu. Deus. 
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA) - EV
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,087
    am i the only one who thinks those 2 cutted songs (lukin and wasted), life wasted was replaced by love boat captain,  they are testing to increase the main set? first time they did this in the tour!
    As I sit at 5:30am on an airplane leaving for San Diego, questioning my life choices, I am so glad that we made the decision/effort to get to seven shows on this leg of the tour. It meant several extremely late nights or early mornings to fit shows in around work and doctors appointments, but it was worth it!

The new album is great; it sounds great live and the guys look like they’re happy to be playing it. My one complaint: Got to Give is being neglected! Please please please play it more frequently.

Great setlist last night, I’m always happy to hear Love Boat Captain and Inside Job and any show that includes In My Tree and Immortality is going to be a great one for me.  I thought the song selection was interesting and very intentional and… bittersweet? Earnest? Emotional? (Sorry, I’m not caffeinated and had two hours of sleep.) At any rate, I thought the whole show was a reflection on their journey and the people they’ve loved and lost along the way.

Crowd energy was awesome both nights. 

I’m hoping to get to the fall shows, although I’m nearly certain that radiation therapy will prevent me from being at Wrigley at the very least. At least I’ll have Ohana to look forward to.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    That is a great setlist! Wow!
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,433
    Yeah, im buying that one
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jacksonMacjacksonMac New York Posts: 11
    Great show and setlist! Half of the time I was just standing there in awe since it was my very first pj concert. Felt a bit sad since I wanted to jump around in the pit, but the people around me were kinda standoffish.. and I’m super shy and didn’t want to get any more looks.. tried to speak to some but they just curtly responded and turned back around. Also - all the tall guys were in the front, probably first 10 rows of mostly tall people, so the stage wasn’t too visible. Regardless of that, still was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had, purely based on music and how humble and salt of the earth this band is. Being in my early 20s, it was surreal as my first concert ever - long live PJ!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,936
    Great show and setlist! Half of the time I was just standing there in awe since it was my very first pj concert. Felt a bit sad since I wanted to jump around in the pit, but the people around me were kinda standoffish.. and I’m super shy and didn’t want to get any more looks.. tried to speak to some but they just curtly responded and turned back around. Also - all the tall guys were in the front, probably first 10 rows of mostly tall people, so the stage wasn’t too visible. Regardless of that, still was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had, purely based on music and how humble and salt of the earth this band is. Being in my early 20s, it was surreal as my first concert ever - long live PJ!
    Congrats! Looks like a great show!!! I felt very late to the "going to PJ" game but I'm getting some decent numbers now.

Where I was in the Vegas Pit is was very friendly. Sorry your experience wasn't as good. :(
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,069
    Amazing first show for you!!!  My wife and I were in the pit (dead center / 10 feet back) and I was jumping around like a lunatic (Citizen Dick t shirt)!!  Next time look for a guy wearing sunglasses losing his mind, and we will definitely talk to you!  I think your experience is not typical, usually the PJ tribe is super friendly and genuinely interested in making these special connections we all find ourselves making.

What a run for me (2x LV and 2x SEA) and every show was extremely special in their own way.  Last night was basically flawless for me, from the Black opener into a searing Immortality.  Other highlights were In My Tree (ALWAYS a highlight for me), Come Back, LBC, Hurt, Pilate, Jeremy (same thing / always love it) and as always, the new stuff really rules live.  And again, Deep Sea Diver slayed.  Really love them.  Thank you PJ!  See you guys in the pit on the east coast in Sept!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA)
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,851
    Too bad you weren’t around me, I would’ve taken you in. I’ve learned PJ has some of the greatest fans and some of the worst. A lot of elitism. Thankfully I’ve found some really genuine ones over the years. Anyway, I’m glad you still had a great experience. Hopefully you make some east coast shows. I’ll be in Philly. Philly always brings it. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Fixer_1976Fixer_1976 Posts: 51
    Show #55 and probably the best one yet. Great setlist, great crowd, great energy! The band sounds incredible and Ed’s voice is as powerful as ever. Cheers to PJ!

Also, a gal named Maddy C who was sitting behind me in row 21 asked for a video of Come back. She put her name in my phone but never added her #. Please DM me and I will hook you up with your video :) btw, Maddy C is very cute and hope she reads this :)
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 652
    BF25394 said:
    Show number 80 and show number 10 this month was a fitting capper to a whirlwind 27 days. I'll post more later, but I wanted to mention that I ended up next to the same fellow Ten Club member at four different shows (VAN 1 and 2 and SEA 1 and 2, and we were supposed to be in the same row in POR but she got sick). During the leadup to "Love Boat Captain," with Boom playing the keyboard riff on a loop while Eddie talked, we made a bet as to whether they were going to play "LBC" (her guess) or "Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted" (my guess). She won the bet, but then forwarded me a picture of the set list after the show with the comment, "We were both right." (As you see above, the original set list called for "Wasted" but they switched to "LBC.") 

I'm a little bummed they fell just short of 100 unique songs across the shows (it was 97, 98 if you count "Little Wing," 99 if you add in Napa and "Last Kiss"), but this was a really enjoyable show despite the low number of tour debuts. I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than Night 1.
    Awesome run for you. I was listening to the Sirius feed and called out to my wife that  they were starting to play LBC. A few minutes of Boom noodling and I became certain it was Wasted Reprise. Not sure if Boom actually did some Reprise or the intro is just that similar.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,115
    Amazing night. Band and crowd were on fire the whole show. Eddie was very emotional throughout and especially the end when they walked off the stage. You can tell it meant a lot to the band being in their hometown and the performance reflected that too. 

Hurt was incredible.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,693
    Hell of a first concert! Welcome aboard. You've probably been bit by the bug now. Based on your questions, here are some tips from a grizzled concert veteran:

1. If you want to jump around try to scout out an area where others are doing the same. For better or worse you really should match the energy of the people you're around in GA.

2. Tall people standing in front of you will always be an issue. Sometimes you have to move around.

3. Hate to say it but I most definitely do not want to talk to a stranger in the middle of a show. I'm there for the performance. You can try chatting people up between sets and I'm sure you'll find people happy to talk.
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

So glad i got this one! 
    n, Jer

I like the setlist played a bit more than this. Thought the way the show was structured last night was really cool. Black to open, Jeremy and Come Back mid set and I'd rather see LBC than Life Wasted. Listened to the encore on XM. Sounded great. I thought Hurt was a Johnny Cash. What do I know?  :) 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

MD190661 said:

So glad i got this one! 
    n, Jer

I like the setlist played a bit more than this. Thought the way the show was structured last night was really cool. Black to open, Jeremy and Come Back mid set and I'd rather see LBC than Life Wasted. Listened to the encore on XM. Sounded great. I thought Hurt was a Johnny Cash. What do I know?  :) 
    LOL and my kids thought Baba was a PJ song. 
  • ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 500
    MD190661 said:

So glad i got this one! 
    n, Jer

LOL and my kids thought Baba was a PJ song. 
    It’s so wild to me how many people are unaware of the original NIN-Hurt. Makes me feel old 😆
    It was a huge hit in its day with a powerful music video. I was such a fan of the original that I’ve never grown attached to the Cash cover. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,936
    MD190661 said:

So glad i got this one! 
    n, Jer

Last song on NIN: The Downward Spiral. Defin check that album out!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    MD190661 said:

So glad i got this one! 
    n, Jer

Last song on NIN: The Downward Spiral. Defin check that album out!
    Will do. Never really listened to them. Always up for checking out new (to me) music. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    pjl44 said:
    Hell of a first concert! Welcome aboard. You've probably been bit by the bug now. Based on your questions, here are some tips from a grizzled concert veteran:

1. If you want to jump around try to scout out an area where others are doing the same. For better or worse you really should match the energy of the people you're around in GA.

2. Tall people standing in front of you will always be an issue. Sometimes you have to move around.

3. Hate to say it but I most definitely do not want to talk to a stranger in the middle of a show. I'm there for the performance. You can try chatting people up between sets and I'm sure you'll find people happy to talk.
    I assumed he meant that he tried chatting with people before and between the bands' sets.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Amazing first show for you!!!  My wife and I were in the pit (dead center / 10 feet back) and I was jumping around like a lunatic (Citizen Dick t shirt)!!  Next time look for a guy wearing sunglasses losing his mind, and we will definitely talk to you!  I think your experience is not typical, usually the PJ tribe is super friendly and genuinely interested in making these special connections we all find ourselves making.

What a run for me (2x LV and 2x SEA) and every show was extremely special in their own way.  Last night was basically flawless for me, from the Black opener into a searing Immortality.  Other highlights were In My Tree (ALWAYS a highlight for me), Come Back, LBC, Hurt, Pilate, Jeremy (same thing / always love it) and as always, the new stuff really rules live.  And again, Deep Sea Diver slayed.  Really love them.  Thank you PJ!  See you guys in the pit on the east coast in Sept!
    That’s so sweet! Damn I wish I saw ya! I was short so I couldn’t see much! Which shows are you seeing in the east coast? I flew in from New York for Seattle N2
    pjl44 said:

Hey! Oh no I wasn’t trying to talk during the show, I was too mesmerized and in awe. I just tried to speak before the show as we all stood in the pit, but all I really got were looks? So I just gave up and decided to enjoy the music. Wasn’t easy to move around, a lot of people didn’t want to give up their “spot” but I don’t think letting in a shorter person in would’ve made a difference. I also just decided to stay mellow because Jill and the girls were right behind me and I didn’t wanna accidentally bump into them. But you’re right! I have been bit by the bug! The music is the most important thing after all :)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,777

I’m hoping to get to the fall shows, although I’m nearly certain that radiation therapy will prevent me from being at Wrigley at the very least. At least I’ll have Ohana to look forward to.
    radiation therapy? I’ve been to shows with chemo coursing through my body, so you can do it!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJammin' said:
    Too bad you weren’t around me, I would’ve taken you in. I’ve learned PJ has some of the greatest fans and some of the worst. A lot of elitism. Thankfully I’ve found some really genuine ones over the years. Anyway, I’m glad you still had a great experience. Hopefully you make some east coast shows. I’ll be in Philly. Philly always brings it. 
    Where were you? Yea I guess I got the brunt of it, but I think it’s my fault for having expectations. I thought I’d bond over the music and be collectively excited and included - but I’ll always have the music, and yesterday’s show was incredible. I think I’ll be in Philly! It’ll be just a drive for me from New York
    Congrats! Looks like a great show!!! I felt very late to the "going to PJ" game but I'm getting some decent numbers now.

Where I was in the Vegas Pit is was very friendly. Sorry your experience wasn't as good. :(
    Awe thank you! Yea I’m trying not to dwell on it, concert still was life changing. Not sure if I’ll be in the pit again, but if I do hopefully I meet some of yall! 10c people are the nicest!