Rick Beato

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,382
    ZoSoTim said:
    The Robert DeLeo interview was fantastic. Brendan O’Brien was really good but long AF. At times he gets way too technical for non-musicians and the first video I ever saw of his he was kind of downplaying John Bonham, which absolutely rubbed me the wrong way

Ah oh!  I will not pass this info on to my drummer buddy Andy.  That would instantly make him hate Beato!  
    As for me, I'm OK with disagreeing with the guy at times... as long as I don't have to argue the fine points of music theory with him.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,778
    edited July 7
    ZoSoTim said:
    The Robert DeLeo interview was fantastic. Brendan O’Brien was really good but long AF. At times he gets way too technical for non-musicians and the first video I ever saw of his he was kind of downplaying John Bonham, which absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. 
    The Robert DeLeo interview was the first I ever heard of Beato, and agreed… it was fantastic.
    ZoSoTim said:
    The Robert DeLeo interview was fantastic. Brendan O’Brien was really good but long AF. At times he gets way too technical for non-musicians and the first video I ever saw of his he was kind of downplaying John Bonham, which absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. 
    The Robert DeLeo interview was the first I ever heard of Beato, and agreed… it was fantastic.

I missed that one.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks guys!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Beato's latest FB post:
    The difference of 20 years is pretty incredible. It’s hard to believe that I once looked like that time waits for no one. I appreciate you all more than you know

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person beard and guitar

Cool!

• brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 647
    edited July 9
    i like phish and i think Beato's video are pretty damn good.  here is an interesting snipit from Trey Anastasio working with Beato on his solo album Shine. This was the album trey put out right after Phish broke up in 2004.  This is also the time period that Trey was at his absolute worse in regards to drugs, so the relationship between these two may have been difficult. if you like phish this was an awesome podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-2-mr-completely/id1570656129?i=1000526376643
    relevant Beato portion starts at 43:51  

https://www.instagram.com/rickbeato1/p/CGgUYmWnIaP/
    Post edited by brewdog123 on
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,818
    i like phish and i think Beato's video are pretty damn good.  here is an interesting snipit from Trey Anastasio working with Beato on his solo album Shine. This was the album trey put out right after Phish broke up in 2004.  This is also the time period that Trey was at his absolute worse in regards to drugs, so the relationship between these two may have been difficult. if you like phish this was an awesome podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-2-mr-completely/id1570656129?i=1000526376643
    relevant Beato portion starts at 43:51  

https://www.instagram.com/rickbeato1/p/CGgUYmWnIaP/
    Trey doesn't throw him under the bus at all.  He apologizes for possibly being difficult too, lol.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 647
    i dont think he threw him under the bus so to speak, but to quit and/or fired after a year of working on an album must have made the two frustrated at each other. look at that IG link, and look at Beatos face, trey going a million miles a minute, going back in forth on elements of songs, making changes after changes. kind of funny now, good thing trey is in a better place now.
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,818
    i dont think he threw him under the bus so to speak, but to quit and/or fired after a year of working on an album must have made the two frustrated at each other. look at that IG link, and look at Beatos face, trey going a million miles a minute, going back in forth on elements of songs, making changes after changes. kind of funny now, good thing trey is in a better place now.
    Oh no doubt.  Trey kept chasing the songs and Neato must have let him.  I don't think the two were a good fit at all.  I still think Bob Rock doing ANY Metallica album was a travesty.
    Really glad to hear this guy is doing OK!
    From FB:
    Thank you to the entire team at Cleveland Clinic! I underwent heart surgery this past Monday to repair my mitral valve and feel fantastic. In the week prior to the surgery, I was walking the streets of Cleveland and enjoying some of its amazing museums. A huge thank you to all the doctors and nurses involved in my care!

May be an image of 1 person smiling heart hospital and text