Who will be the Democratic nominee?

Comments

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,645
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    It's gonna be a long 4 years for us all,and the fallout from this will be felt for long after.

Everyone said I was a jerk for insisting Great Great Grandfather Joe was too old.  No, I was right.  He's fucking ancient.  Nobody over 70 should be allowed to run.  Probably nobody over 65
      This is one of the most demanding jobs around amd we want to give it to people who should be retired?  Fuck, we are dumb

Clearly, I'm a jerk for many other reasons.  

This is the best we can come up with.
    Corpse or a Creep.
    If it wasn’t so sad I would laugh (us being dumb and corpse or creep).  

I keep seeing it’s gonna be a long four years.  If this ff gets in he’s never leaving.  Why does everyone believe he’ll allow another election?  He introduced his son (successor) Barron the other day at his rally.  He’s even a dick to his kid.  
    This is a topic about “Who should be the Democratic nominee” no one is promoting Trump here. Probably another thread. The crazies here can’t get a sentence out without mentioning some illogical propaganda that no one believes anymore. That’s why independents have all but flipped to the other side. 
    Seriously now where do you get your information (all independents have flipped)?  So I’m to believe that all the independents have flipped to vote Republican just because you say so?  And that all democrats only vote D?  I must have missed those instructions during my “how to be a dem” class.  Sorry, I’m not buying that you know that many people to make such assertions but I understand monkey see monkey do.  Trump exaggerates, lies, denies, and is a felon.  These things we know are true.  Your stats and information sound just about right for a trump supporter.  Good boy!  
    Basing those numbers on some of the polls released today. Whether you believe accuracy is another topic itself. Real Clear Politics which is generally unbiased and an average of most major polls had Biden up 10 points in Michigan at this time 4 years ago. (A state Biden won by 3+) Today that same poll had Trump up by 4). That is not Democrats flipping, maybe some but not that big of a swing. It’s independents who have flipped from 2020. Polls show similar in every battleground state. Trump has so big of a lead in a few “battleground” states that media isn’t even listing them anymore like Nevada, Arizona.
    See, reading this post makes me feel entirely different about you.  Lumping all dems together just shuts down the ones who want to hear what you have say.  I certainly know that the shit is going to hit the fan, and I don’t need polls to tell me that, but that still doesn’t make trump the right choice.  And deep down inside I think every Republican, other than MAGA extremists, wish they had someone else to vote for.  The truth is it’s awful for all of us.  
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,048
    Other
    Agreed the choice is awful. I’m going off topic but hypothetically if the GOP candidate was DeSantis or Rubio etc. would it be an epic landslide vs Biden then? 
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,846
    teskeinc said:
    It's gonna be a long 4 years for us all,and the fallout from this will be felt for long after.

Everyone said I was a jerk for insisting Great Great Grandfather Joe was too old.  No, I was right.  He's fucking ancient.  Nobody over 70 should be allowed to run.  Probably nobody over 65
      This is one of the most demanding jobs around amd we want to give it to people who should be retired?  Fuck, we are dumb

Clearly, I'm a jerk for many other reasons.  

This is the best we can come up with.
    Corpse or a Creep.
    If it wasn’t so sad I would laugh (us being dumb and corpse or creep).  

I keep seeing it’s gonna be a long four years.  If this ff gets in he’s never leaving.  Why does everyone believe he’ll allow another election?  He introduced his son (successor) Barron the other day at his rally.  He’s even a dick to his kid.  
    This is a topic about “Who should be the Democratic nominee” no one is promoting Trump here. Probably another thread. The crazies here can’t get a sentence out without mentioning some illogical propaganda that no one believes anymore. That’s why independents have all but flipped to the other side. 
    Hardly anyone’s flipped. Trump’s picked up a fraction, but polls still have about 18% saying no to either one right now
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,936
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    Agreed the choice is awful. I’m going off topic but hypothetically if the GOP candidate was DeSantis or Rubio etc. would it be an epic landslide vs Biden then? 
    2016 Rubio, yes.  Early in the race, I liked what he was saying.

I wouldn't vote for either of those guys, now. 

DeSantis is a horrible fucking human.  Fuck him.
    Rubio used to be OK until he kissed Trump's ring.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,443
    teskeinc said:
    2016 Rubio, yes.  Early in the race, I liked what he was saying.

I wouldn't vote for either of those guys, now. 

DeSantis is a horrible fucking human.  Fuck him.
    Rubio used to be OK until he kissed Trump's ring.
    Agreed. Scum and Scummier.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,889
    Get some social democracy in there like a normal person. You would t get that with Rubio before or after ringkissing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Other
    Close to having a new candidate on an unexpected side today. These people are sick.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,904
    Joe Biden

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,936
    Joe Biden
    I'm sure the gun people will say this means more people should have guns.

Fuck.  This is awful.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 6,033
    Kamala Harris
    I'm sure the gun people will say this means more people should have guns.

Fuck.  This is awful.
    I feel ya, brother. Just fucking awful. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,645
    teskeinc said:
    Close to having a new candidate on an unexpected side today. These people are sick.
    You mean the republicans?  Can’t blame the dems for this one.  He must be one of the minority that’s flipped.  IM not being a shit either.  I’m just saying that betting on polls - like you said accuracy is another subject - isn’t healthy.  I went to bed thinking Hilary was the next president and was sick the entire 4 years trump was president.  I don’t listen to polls.  

I’m telling you, more (reps) have flipped than what you think.  Some hate him enough to kill him, or at least attempt it. 
    Other
    Well if you were sick for 4 years because of a President elected then that’s on you. I don’t know how you could let something like an election consume you. But to each their own. 

Biggest winner yesterday was Biden. At least the news cycle finally shifted and will focus on the assassination attempt leading into the Rep. convention for the week. The calls for replacing Biden will stop along with the hate filled rhetoric at least for a week or so. Of course the sickos are sad Trump wasn’t killed.

As for the flips. I don’t know how you can say more Reps have flipped to Dem. What would be the reason? Because of the Felony conviction? The Republican Party is more United than ever. Guys like JD Vance, a never Trumper, is a VP front runner.
    The Dem party is as fractured as ever. They have to find a way to come together and back Biden if they want to have any chance at winning. They also have
    to find a way to promote Kamala’s stature because even if Biden wins, there’s no way he makes it until 2028. 

2020 Phoenix, SD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,904
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    Well if you were sick for 4 years because of a President elected then that’s on you. I don’t know how you could let something like an election consume you. But to each their own. 

Biggest winner yesterday was Biden. At least the news cycle finally shifted and will focus on the assassination attempt leading into the Rep. convention for the week. The calls for replacing Biden will stop along with the hate filled rhetoric at least for a week or so. Of course the sickos are sad Trump wasn’t killed.

As for the flips. I don’t know how you can say more Reps have flipped to Dem. What would be the reason? Because of the Felony conviction? The Republican Party is more United than ever. Guys like JD Vance, a never Trumper, is a VP front runner.
    The Dem party is as fractured as ever. They have to find a way to come together and back Biden if they want to have any chance at winning. They also have
    to find a way to promote Kamala’s stature because even if Biden wins, there’s no way he makes it until 2028. 

Vance , as with many other is an opportunist. he saw his path to power, for powers sake, was to bend the knee and suck the mushroom.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Please kick Biden to the curb. Trump will win in an electoral landslide if this continues.
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 565
    edited July 17
    Kamala Harris
    Schiff just called on Biden to drop out.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/17/politics/adam-schiff-joe-biden-congress/index.html
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,792
    dignin said:
    Please kick Biden to the curb. Trump will win in an electoral landslide if this continues.
    I really don't think so. I do hope that him stepping down will motivate Dems but who knows.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,384
    Joe Biden
    dignin said:

Only Biden can eliminate himself, so we'll just have to see what happens.  I'm wondering if there will be a low voter tun out on both sides? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,927
    Joe Biden
    God it's a circus.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,581
    Kamala Harris

As Schiff will be the next senator for California, I hope that his voice will carry some weight. I have a great deal of respect for Joe Biden; these last few public speaking events have been painful to watch.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 381
    Where is the option for a bag of dirt….
    or this luvly American…

Other
    Schiff? 😂😂😂 Maybe he has evidence Biden colluded with Russia too! 

Biden is the nominee. Dems voted for him in the primary. Going to have to ride him like the Titanic now. He’s your guy. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,316
    Joe Biden
    Why is it NOW we care what celebrities think? I couldn’t care less that Stone posted a petition. Sorry, Stoney, I know we share a birthday, abd I love your tunes, but I follow logic, not fame. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,811
    edited July 17
    Personally, a word that's been on my mind. :)

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

Added: I'm surprised by the panic...Kamala Harris is there and fully capable. The 25th amendment is there if the President isn't able to govern. I also keep thinking about the voting blocs that will feel disenfranchised if a change is made now. Will they even vote in November? Just sharing some thoughts. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Other
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

Added: I'm surprised by the panic...Kamala Harris is there and fully capable. The 25th amendment is there if the President isn't able to govern. I also keep thinking about the voting blocs that will feel disenfranchised if a change is made now. Will they even vote in November? Just sharing some thoughts. 
    What happens in 3 weeks at the convention? When Democrats are supposed to unite? All the dissenters don’t show up? 

The Democrats look weak already after the debate. Now the party is fractured with people publicly and back-channel trying to dump Biden.

The Republicans who seemed to never be United in the past are more United than ever. Never Trumpers are even on board.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,357
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

What happens in 3 weeks at the convention? When Democrats are supposed to unite? All the dissenters don’t show up? 

The Democrats look weak already after the debate. Now the party is fractured with people publicly and back-channel trying to dump Biden.

The Republicans who seemed to never be United in the past are more United than ever. Never Trumpers are even on board.

Free speech is weak? This is a legitimate outcry, because voters received relevant and alarming information about the democratic candidate after the primaries. And we were lied to by the Bidens and the party.

Beats what the GOP would be doing by a mile.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,811
    Just one more thought to share. There are forces working to cause the panic...some from other countries...and they've been doing all they can to interfere with America for a very long time. I personally have no doubt that we do not know everything that is going on. Another word on my mind is strength, no definition necessary. Be well.   
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited July 17
    Other
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

Free speech is weak? This is a legitimate outcry, because voters received relevant and alarming information about the democratic candidate after the primaries. And we were lied to by the Bidens and the party.

So your party, your President, your media all lied to you? Did you ever ask what else you were lied to about? How about taking some personal responsibility?

The truth was out there, other media reported it. You chose to look the other way. That’s on you.

Now he’s got Covid after 17 boosters. 
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,357
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

So your party, your President, your media all lied to you? Did you ever ask what else you were lied to about? How about taking some personal responsibility?

The truth was out there, other media reported it. You chose to look the other way. That’s on you.

I gave you an honest answer, and you replied with what aboutisms. Biden may have slipped a word or two here or there. What you are suggesting about this being fully know beforehand is inaccurate.

if I had a choice to vote for an empty chair or trump, I pick the chair. His policies regarding Russia are dangerous and anti American, and his tariffs will harm the economy, cut growth and jobs.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,775
    Joe Biden
    Ok I’ll admit I don’t know what to think anymore about this election coming up! But I’m just theorizing here could this positive Covid be the way he gets pushed out like give him a way out nahh right? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,775
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead��fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

What truth do you speak of? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....