**Mad Cool Festival Setlist Thread**

1235»

Comments

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,350
    At least they didn't open slow?

Can't believe we have entered the age of wondering when they announce the residency shows and become a full time greatest hits legacy act.
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,919
    At least they didn't open slow?

Can't believe we have entered the age of wondering when they announce the residency shows and become a full time greatest hits legacy act.
    It's coming😔
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

Last post for a while...
    RITFW 336 x's played
    Immortality 180 x's played 
    FOR ME this is the most unexplainable thing regarding song choices...one is the GOAT and the other isn't even a top 50 NY song?? And it's a cover over an original masterpiece??? Don't waste your time with explanations that justify it cause' I already know what they are and their crap compared to playing this song and another PJ singalong🍷
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    :in before Vito says worst show/set ever:
    Find me one time I have ever said that...some of you are more melodramatic about what I say than I could ever dream of being...I guess I have lot's of fans, not surprised 🇮🇹
    Find me one time that anyone has said that a recent show that you've bashed was the "best show ever," because that's the hyperbole you constantly claim is being used, including previously in this thread.
    It's said a lot especially in the fanviews and I don't go post there cause I don't want to rain on their parade...I post here cause this is what this is for and like me no one is there, well most aren't there. I post in fanview only for shows I've attended. 🍷
    "It's said a lot." So it shouldn't be hard to find me one time someone said it about a recent show that you've bashed.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    Find me one time I have ever said that...some of you are more melodramatic about what I say than I could ever dream of being...I guess I have lot's of fans, not surprised 🇮🇹
    Find me one time that anyone has said that a recent show that you've bashed was the "best show ever," because that's the hyperbole you constantly claim is being used, including previously in this thread.
    It's said a lot especially in the fanviews and I don't go post there cause I don't want to rain on their parade...I post here cause this is what this is for and like me no one is there, well most aren't there. I post in fanview only for shows I've attended. 🍷
    "It's said a lot." So it shouldn't be hard to find me one time someone said it about a recent show that you've bashed.
    Find it yourself...wtf🔎
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008

• involutionaryinvolutionary sun diego Posts: 130
    edited July 12
    Feeling for  EV - just saw a few videos. He seems winded. He’s covering it up well. I’m sure there are residuals from covid or whatever he had.  I bet that’s a reason for specific song choices. 
    Post edited by involutionary on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,149
    I'm still short of breath 10 days after neg test so it's highly likely 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,897
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    Find it yourself...wtf🔎
    The day you marry, will be a great day. I will be so happy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 69
    vito said:
    Last post for a while...
    RITFW 336 x's played
    FOR ME this is the most unexplainable thing regarding song choices...one is the GOAT and the other isn't even a top 50 NY song?? And it's a cover over an original masterpiece??? Don't waste your time with explanations that justify it cause' I already know what they are and their crap compared to playing this song and another PJ singalong🍷
    I think it's explainable (tries to avoid spinning plate hurled at me). Immortality is also pretty much always in my top 3, but surely constructing a live set is ensuring different emotions are hit. It is not truly ridiculous to expect x amount of 'joyous, whole arena joining in sense of fun' songs alongside introspective, hard rockers, ballads etc. So I think it's less about PJ thinking a 'mix of DM/hits and rarities' and more that they want to give a crowd different emotions during the night. Feel good rockers make sense especially at the end of the night. And, it's always about the music than the content of course - I mean, Alive's a miserably bloody piece lyrically, but the final chorus and solo is one of the greatest live bits of 'orgasmic' (?) music there is, so it works. 

This becomes harder to balance when you do 24 songs than when you do 34. And they're 60 years old.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,936
    vito said:
    Last post for a while...
    RITFW 336 x's played
    And they could easily play Immortality as a set closer. It being, you know, an album closer, and a brilliant one at that. (aside from the nonsense song)

Okay, over to the fanviews - greatest show ever!!! ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    Find it yourself...wtf🔎
    You introduced the "find me one time" thing. I'm just calling you on your tiresome BS.
    benlw86 said:

I mean, Alive's a miserably bloody piece lyrically, but the final chorus and solo is one of the greatest live bits of 'orgasmic' (?) music there is

TMI.
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Go Animal said:
    Find it yourself...wtf🔎
    The day you marry, will be a great day. I will be so happy.
    Well, sorry to disappoint you but, I've been married almost 20 years not that it's any of your fucking business!
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004