I Need Advice for My Child Recently Diagnosed with Leukemia

Options
maria90
maria90 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited June 25 in Childhood Cancers #1

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I'm reaching out with a heavy heart. My beautiful 6-year-old daughter was just diagnosed with ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia). It's been a whirlwind of emotions, and our whole family is trying to find our footing.

I'm hoping to connect with other parents who have walked this path before us. There's so much we don't know, and any advice would be a lifesaver.

Here are some specific questions swirling in my head right now:

Treatment Journey: We're just starting her treatment plan. What can we expect in these early stages of chemo? Are there any side effects or challenges we should be especially prepared for?
Helping Her Cope: How have you all helped your children manage the emotional rollercoaster of a cancer diagnosis and treatment? Any books, activities, or resources that were particularly helpful?
Balancing Act: Juggling hospital visits, treatment schedules, and everyday life feels impossible. Do you have any tips for managing time and staying sane during this crazy time?
Finding Support: Are there any online or in-person support groups you'd recommend for parents and families facing childhood cancer? Any advice on building a strong support system around us?

I also check this : https://www.cancer.org/cancer/survivorship/long-term-health-concerns/cancer-as-a-chronicsalesforce-illness.html
Honestly, any words of encouragement, shared experiences, or advice would be a gift. Knowing we're not alone in this fight means the world.

Thank you so much in advance for your support.