Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,281 total conversations in 496 threads

+ New Thread

How do article relations work?

Last posted May 18, 2017 at 05:05PM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2017 at 05:29PM EDT
8 posts from 3 users

While I've been poking around Know Your Meme, I've noticed numerous articles that should be sub-entries of other articles. For instance, "Move Faster, Pokey!" ought to be a sub-entry of ProtonJon. In fact, I have editorship of both articles, I actually created the former entry, I can prove it, and I have tried to make that link myself, but nothing in the article editing form allows me to do so, no matter how hard I've searched. I even checked the article creation form, and there does not appear to be an option to choose a parent article to assign a new article to (which explains why I didn't do that in the first place – I did create the "Move Faster Pokey!" article 4 years ago (as of this post), so I don't remember all the details). So, I have to ask: how does one article become a sub-entry to another article?

(Also, for many of the relationships-that-should-exist that I've noticed, one (or in some cases, both) of the articles in question is/are deadpooled. For instance, DeviantART and DeviantART Drawing Memes – DeviantART Drawing Memes is currently deadpooled. (And if we want to get pedantic, the Character Age Meme article that is currently a sub-entry of DeviantART should instead be a sub-entry of DeviantART Drawing Memes, as "Character Age Memes" is a more specific form of "DeviantART Drawing Memes".) Likewise, the Goldman article should be a sub-entry of the House of the Dead entry… or, well, I would be saying that if the former wasn't a complete disgrace. Now, this would all make sense if there is some sort of policy that deadpooled articles are not allowed to have or be sub-entries. I just don't know whether or not that is the case, since, as I previously stated, it seems impossible to create an article to be a sub-entry to another article right off the bat, and thus it is impossible for me to look at the edit histories of deadpooled articles to see if they used to be sub-entries to other articles.)

Last edited Apr 10, 2017 at 05:35PM EDT

Mods are able to do it. If you want to make an entry a sub-entry you can PM me or another entry mod to do it.

That said, I'm not going to make deadpooled entries sub-entries, just because of their lack of quality. If you wish, I can make you an editor to said entries if you want to improve/undeadpool them.

Last edited Apr 10, 2017 at 05:50PM EDT

Thanks for the info.

Indeed, I have been PM'ing various mods to ask for editorship of the House of the Dead and DeviantART Drawing Memes articles.

Oh, and thanks for making "Move Faster Pokey!" a sub-meme of ProtonJon. (Though now I've looked in the edit history, and I see no trace of the sub-articleship… that doesn't show up in edit histories? How nonplussing.)

Last edited Apr 10, 2017 at 07:32PM EDT

MyVoice wrote:

Haaa, It is good one.

Uhhhh… wow. For once I'm not the one necroposting.

I already said this thread ran its course. Unless there's a related question for it to answer, better to just let it die.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!