Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,792 total conversations in 1,737 threads

+ New Thread

Twitter Embeds Can No Longer be Placed on The Center

Last posted Sep 07, 2015 at 12:21PM EDT. Added Sep 02, 2015 at 10:36PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

So awhile back i was working on an entry and i noticed that twitter embeds can no longer be placed on the center of a page using the textiles. Is there a workaround for this or is there really nothing that can be done about it?

The Twitter script creates a block that takes up the whole entry width, but then aligns all the content with the left side of that new block. I spent time trying to work around this, but gave up when my latest edit showed up in the edit history but wasn't actually applied to the entry, which I've never seen before.

Yeah, Twitter kinda messed things up, but the prefered way of embedding tweets is to get a screenshot of the embedded tweet, upload it to the image gallery (along with a link to the tweet), and to post that image in the article. It speeds up the page loading and prevents the tweet from being removed from the article incase the tweet is removed on twitter. So win-win since you can then change the width/height.

@ArchaicEX: I know that feel, it used to happen about every 1 in 5 edits. Some times it just takes a few minutes and the article will update…but sometimes it doesn't. ;_; Resaving as a new edit almost always works though since the editing box keeps the info even though the article doesn't reflect it.

Last edited Sep 04, 2015 at 12:25AM EDT

It's a kinda roundabout method, but by enclosing the twitter embed within a table, and then centering the table, you're forcing the embed twitter thing to be put in the middle. It's a bit bothersome, but gets the job done.

Well I was overthinking it.

I was so focused on changing this value that I forgot what it really means. Anyway, RandomMan's right, but you can save yourself a little bit of trouble. Instead of a table, any block element, like div, will work as long as you give it an absolute width.

Last edited Sep 07, 2015 at 12:47PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!