Forums / Media / Video Games

38,741 total conversations in 2,711 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Overwatch General

Last posted May 21, 2017 at 11:15AM EDT. Added May 28, 2016 at 11:36PM EDT
158 posts from 57 users

I'm waiting for a bank transfer to go through before I can buy this game. Its going to be the most expensive game I've ever bought, as I usually wait a few years for lower prices and sales, but I've seen enough of Overwatch to know that I won't regret this purchase.

I'm looking forward to playing as Pharah the most. Something just really appeals to me about flying around with a personal MLRS, and I've loved the idea of this combo since using Rocket Angels in Red Alert 3 (even if they were a horribly ineffective unit).

I play as Junkrat, Roadhog and occasionally Zenyatta or Soldier 76. About time we got an Overwatch thread.
>when the rip-tire hits just right

I mentioned this in the Overwatch page as well.
I'd get the game, but when I played the Beta I realized that I need a new graphics card for my laptop. Not just for gaming, but a lot of the times I use this computer the card somehow crashes, turning the screen black for like a second.
I currently have an NVIDIA GeForce 310M, so what do you guys recommend? And If I change it, will it affect my computer's data?

Elreigh wrote:

I'm waiting for a bank transfer to go through before I can buy this game. Its going to be the most expensive game I've ever bought, as I usually wait a few years for lower prices and sales, but I've seen enough of Overwatch to know that I won't regret this purchase.

I'm looking forward to playing as Pharah the most. Something just really appeals to me about flying around with a personal MLRS, and I've loved the idea of this combo since using Rocket Angels in Red Alert 3 (even if they were a horribly ineffective unit).

Are you getting the 60 dollar one? Because that's the Origins Edition with free skins and bonus content for other Blizzard games.

If money is tight there's a 40 dollar one that doesn't have bonus cosmetics but still has the full game.

iBlewupthemoon wrote:

Are you getting the 60 dollar one? Because that's the Origins Edition with free skins and bonus content for other Blizzard games.

If money is tight there's a 40 dollar one that doesn't have bonus cosmetics but still has the full game.

Originally I was not going to buy the game at all, but then a friend told me about this fact and it immediately changed my mind. I went straight to the bank and ordered a check when I realized it was only forty bucks, and not sixty. Ridiculous that they don't make this more obvious, but it is what it is, and I'm sure they deserve the money they're making. Capitalism, ho!

I mostly main Mercy, D.Va, Junkrat, and occasionally Reaper. I'm also working on getting good at Genji and Tracer since they're really effective if you know how to use them properly.

Does anyone else think D.va is kind of… useless, outside her ultimate? She's so fuckin squishy for a tank, and her damage output is atrocious. You have to just sit back and HOPE you hit something so that your ult can charge…. unless I'm doing it wrong. She needs a buff.

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

Does anyone else think D.va is kind of… useless, outside her ultimate? She's so fuckin squishy for a tank, and her damage output is atrocious. You have to just sit back and HOPE you hit something so that your ult can charge…. unless I'm doing it wrong. She needs a buff.

I dunno, as a tank, she has defense matrix for a reason, and she's the most mobile tank. As well as having the most base health in the game, she can kill for quite a while. As for her damage, as long as you keep hitting them, they should go down in the matter of seconds. But you can also just let them destroy your mech, and do damage that way, but you just become a less mobile Tracer in that aspect. In all though, she's a pretty solid hero imo, but then again, I guess it's cause I main her which gives me a bias. I will say, she's had me through game with 20 to 0 several times.

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

Her damage output is actually nuts at close range. In a straight duel she can take down pretty much any tank at close range except for roadhog, and even then she has a fair chance of being able to take down roadhog after hopping out of her mech. On top of that her ult is one of the best ones in the game for clearing an objective. I've seen matches turn around because she managed to clear the point at the last minute.

TripleA9000 wrote:

Or maybe they should stop running into enemy fire and attempting to take on 4 people at once.

How else will they get Play of the Game?

I play mainly McCree, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mei, and Zarya

If there's one thing I hate about the game right now, is that you can stack the same character. Try getting the last point in Egypt while there's 4 Torbijorn on the enemy team. I really hope they don't allow that in the ranked mode.

-Maining Mai since the beta
-All you got to do is freeze them and then stick your dick in their mouth
-People aren't smart enough to realize you shouldn't fight me up close no matter who you are
-Head shoot damage is like 250 or something
-You have two amaizing escapes to get you out of fights
-Ass so thick it can keep you warm in a blizzard
-When I see a Mai on the other team I feel personality insulted and go after her until the dude switches

My favorite character design has to be Mercy. I like her angelic motif.
That's not saying that other designs are bad. They are in fact great.

How do you guys like the lore?
I feel like it makes the game that much enjoyable.
I watch the Youtube channel FailCraft for some of their analyzing videos of everything that blizzard releases like the shorts and comics, as well as their analyzing of what the game already offers like voice lines and maps.

I play whatever I can to support the team, some of the heroes I feel comfortable with are pretty much half of the heroes roster like Lucio, S76, Torbjorn, D.VA, Mercy, Zarya, Reinhdhart, Mcree, Junkrat, Bastion, and Symmetra. I still have to get used to the other 11 especially the snipers since I really dislike playing sniper. I really like playing S76, Lucio, D.VA and Torbjorn and hope to improve more and more with them, especially S76 here's a POTG I got with him.

Those helix rocket hits are super satisfying, oh man.

I just bought Overwatch for myself, I used to love playing Tf2 so I hope this has the same kind of effect on me as that game.

We should have like a BattleTag version of those Steam adding threads here too. If you want to know mine (for whatever reason) it's: Armesi#2913

Also thanks to Blizzard I have another shortcut on my desktop. It's like a scale from best to worst:

Last edited Jun 03, 2016 at 11:53AM EDT

Ill play with some peeps if theyre up for it

Battle.net tag is BritMachine#2978

Note that i can play a bit for now but starting next week im unlikely to be on much at all due to exams.

TripleA9000 wrote:

Do you guys think the game is overpriced. Considering it lacks a story mode?

It's absolutely worth the price. Video related.

No Original Names wrote:

tfw you value kills more than supporting your team and getting the objective finished

I was on Defense, killing and stopping the payload is the objective.

Last edited Jun 03, 2016 at 03:30PM EDT

No Original Names wrote:

tfw you value kills more than supporting your team and getting the objective finished

I love being support, Zenyatta and Mercy are my faves, but for the love of all that is holy… People are expecting me to charge in with them, while six bastions are gunning us down like soldiers during the storming of Normandy. Also, I know you REALLY wanna kill that Junkrat, but can you do me solid and pay attention? A Reaper is currently trying to sodomize me with his shotguns.

I really enjoy the game. Been playing since the beginning of Closed Beta and it got better once it finally got fully released. Only major complaint about the game are the players. Mostly, the salty players or players who REFUSE to change heroes.

Oh yeah, if you wanna play together, I'm Jojo#11760. Give me a heads up before sendin' a friend request.

I'm online 24/7 and I'm usually up for a few rounds of Overwatch. Also, got Discord and Skype if any want to voice chat while we play.

Last edited Jun 03, 2016 at 07:19PM EDT

No Original Names wrote:

I can't fucking stand selfish Widow makers and Tracers. The pay load is inches away from being dunked onto our asses and we need heavy tank support to contest it but yet you have a dip shit in the back sniping trying to get kills (most of the time missing) instead of switching to some form of knock back or tank

And Tracers oh my fucking god Tracer players are the god damn worst. The queen of trickling in. Instead of providing flanking or covering fire for the team to run in and cap objectives ive seen like 80% of Tracer players simply getting into 1v1 fights for mah K/D. And when I say 1v1 I mean shoot your gun doing 2 damage then spamming shift and E until she fucking dies. That shit makes me butt mad

I can't wait for ranked play so those dip shits can do all that in bronze and fucking stay there.

Last edited Jun 03, 2016 at 07:26PM EDT

TripleA9000 wrote:

So, in light of the latest update, what other characters do any of you think need to be nerfed/buffed.

This is all just my opinion but…

Genji seems fine to me. Would love if either his dash or deflect had a shorter cool down, but I think that would just make him powerful.

MCree flash bang + fan the hammer combo is very annoying. If he's suppose to be an ambush character like Reaper or Tracer, he should at least have louder foot steps, like Reaper, or his gun deals less damage while using fan the hammer. Make his standard shot stronger to compensate the weaken Fan the Hammer.

For Phara, I would like her concussive blast to have a slightly larger area of effect. But, then again, I enjoy using that ability to fling people off the map or off the control point.

I might just be playing Reaper wrong, but he feels squishy when I play him. But, then again, I'm kind of stingy about using my abilities. I could probably survive longer if I played him more and used his abilities correctly.

Soldier 76 self heal is both helpful and annoying. But, I think his range on his gun is is a tad absurd. Probably wanna tweak the spray on the gun so you can't snipe a WidowMaker, but still be able to hit and kill a Phara in flight.

Tracer seems fine. Wish her ultimate had a farther reach, but I think that would make her too powerful. To get the full damage out of tracer, it's all about getting close to unload a whole clip on your enemy, then escaping. Wash, rinse, repeat. I wish her blink felt more fluid, but that's not really anything major.

Bastion needs a longer reload time in their turret form or at least make his Recon form a tad better. Camping Bastions are annoying. Both when you're against and teamed up with one. Players have a habit of setting up in the same spot in the line of sight of snipers and it's kind of annoying as a tank or support to keep running to their aid. Their self heal is fine, but I would still like to see more windows of opportunity to rush a Bastion while he's in turret form.
If anything, slow down his ultimate charge rate so he can't mow down a whole team, then shift into tank form to wipe out the returning party.

I like Hanzo but, honestly, he's all luck for me. Kind of wish his fully pulled back shot didn't arc and just went straight until it hit something. His ultimate is not really annoying to me. If you have enough space, you can easily side step it and continue on. Wish he had a double jump like Genji, but I just like the double jumping and wall climbing Genji offers.

Wish JunkRat steel trap could be thrown farther. Kind of annoying when his ult can still hit me as a Phara or D.Va who just took off into the air. But, those are mild annoyances.

Mei and her crazy fast freezing is annoying. Before you have time to react, you're frozen and headshotted. Feel like they should make her main fire cost more ammo while her alt cost less. Also, wish you could rotate her wall to position it better.

Torbjorn seem alright to me. Like Tracer, he feels just right to me.

WidowMaker's power up charge up time is sort of stupid fast. If anything, the recharge time should be shorten if you get a head shot. Body shot or a miss should penalize you and make you wait for another power shot. Also, wish her grappling hook had a shorter cooldown. Kind of sucks when you mess up and have to wait to be able to do it again. Her ultimate, also, is lack luster. Feels short. I don't know. Maybe, a quicker charge up time or maybe show the enemy until they are killed or WidowMaker is killed.

Wish D.Va had a rechargeable shield and not bunch of health with armor. But, that might make her a tad harder to kill, with her ejecting out of her mech and all. Wish her defense matrix either lasted longer or had a shorter cool down. But, maybe I just play D.Va very aggressively and that's why I feel like I'm constantly out of my Mech all the time. D.Va is the only tank hero where I don't die constantly.

Reinhardt hammer seems to hit a tad too hard. Especially after getting charged, surviving, then getting bludgeoned afterwards. I don't mind his charge and I think it's cool he can one shot non-tank heroes with it. Other than that, he seems fine.

Roadhog and his fucking hook. Jesus Christ. His hook reach either needs to be shortened or the hit box of the grab to be smaller. Got grabbed through a wall and even hooked from a good distance away and on a balcony. Most Roadhogs have 50% hook chance rate or higher. Feel like that should be less with how powerful the pull, stun, and shotgun blast to the face is.

I want Winston's shield to be stronger. Feels like it's made of paper. I don't know, maybe he's suppose to be played more aggressively and the shield is a quick damage mitigate for you and your team.

Zarya shield seems short on both herself and when you apply it to others. Either the cool down needs to be shorten or the shield duration slightly increased. Maybe, nerf the increased damage she absorbs from the shields a smidge.

Lucio, you jumping and grinding little douche. Stop grinding on the damn payload. My helix rocket is on cool down and your damn self heal and constant movement makes it hard to kill you. Fuck you and your ability to passively heal people and attack. Other than that, he seem like he's working as intended.

Mercy's ult seems to charge rather quickly. Wish when I guardian angel to someone, it brings me a tad closer to them. Ended up falling into a bottomless pit, because I used the ability too soon. Wish her pistol shot at the same rate as D.Va's. But, all in all, she feels fine. She's only powerful when she's heavily protected and played right.

Please, let me at least continue healing someone until I switch targets and not when they're out of my line of sight. I hate when I throw a harmony orb at a team mate and they leave my sight for a split second, only to have my orb returned. I like being able to throw a healing orb on someone, forget about them for a bit, discord orb an enemy, help kill the enemy, then switch to a new target to heal. I wouldn't mind a cool down on the heal, as long as I can be a tad more flexible on how I use the orb. Wouldn't mind three charges of harmony orbs. Make them weak heals, but at least I got can heal 3 team mates at a time and focus on not dying. But, I love playing Zenyatta, so of course I would love to see any buff on him.

Can I please reapply my shield as Symmetra without my shielded target dying and coming back. I don't feel much like a support when I can only shield once. Torbjorn can keep giving armor to people, as long as he has scrap. Sure, he has to leave his defense point and turret to retrieve scrap from dead bodies. But, Symmetra is considered support. At least, let me keep the shield up as much as I can.

Last edited Jun 03, 2016 at 11:45PM EDT

I'll add my 2 cents on possible balancing changes to heroes-

I agree with Bazaar that McCree should be changed to make his normal firing at least as preferable as fan the hammer.
I think his flashbang should still be some kind of stun, but maybe enemies can still move during its effects and just cant fire back/use abilities? However I do think some people overblow how OP he is – he's supposed to be a strong 1 on 1 duelist, so why would you take him on by yourself, at close range as well?!

For Mei, my biggest problem is how she can single handedly take down a group by freezing them and using her alt fire. I would remove the headshot capability of her alt fire so that she can no longer instantly wipe out someone she freezes, pushing her more into a supporting role for a team than just fragging for herself.

I don't think Bastion needs any changes, he can be easily countered even with the whole Reinhardt combo (thats what flankers like Reaper are for)

D.Va seems surprisingly squishy considering her playstyle to me seems to be 'fly into the fray and fuck shit up'. I'm not sure what could be changed about her without making it OP – maybe a shorter cool down on her Defense matrix? And I know she has a second chance with her ejecting, but when youre in the middle of a frantic fight you usually aren't escaping alive.

I agree that Roadhog's hook seems a little ridiculous at times. It could do with a shorter range or maybe a smaller hitbox?

Whenever I start getting angry about a particular 'bullshit' hero, usually it's best to take a step back and realise you tried to counter them in completely the wrong way – usually.

A few tips on how to deal with a Mei.

1: Have a (good) Reinhardt player, her freeze attack doesn't go through his shield.
2: If you are the Reinhardt player, whack her with your hammer if she tries to go around you or after other players, you can get your shield up before she freezes you when/if she turns her attention back to you.

I will say though, it kinda annoys me that she has an ability that simultaneously makes her invulnerable and heals her.

Last edited Jun 05, 2016 at 11:56AM EDT

I really, really, really, like how balanced all the characters feel in overwatch. Every character can absolutely wreck you if played well, and every character can be countered in multiple ways and through multiple different styles of gameplay.

I've never had a game that actually makes me enjoy playing every role in it. But this game managed to make them all just in general fun to play. As well as the variety making it so that you'll at least have 2 characters per class that is great to use.

Currently, my favorites are Pharah, Reaper, Reinhardt, Widowmaker, and Zenyatta. Zenyatta in particular is fun but hard because he plays like a combat healer in an rpg, dishing out active heals and debuffs and sporting a decent combat ability.

The quoted post has been deleted.

Like the Scout, Tracer is all about being hard to hit. Also like the Scout, to get the most damage out of her, you have to be up close and unload all your ammo onto the target. Her speed and unpredictability comes from her blinking and recall.

You have three charges of blink, on a 3 second cool down, and a twelve second cooldown on recall. I recommend saving at least one charge of blink in case of an emergencies. Recall is your "OH SHIT" button. It takes you to where you were, recovering health to the amount of health you had before taking damage, 3 seconds ago. You also have your ultimate, pulse bomb. You can chuck it a short distance and it'll stick to an enemy or ally and explode after a delay. Like with all characters that deal with explosives, you can die from the explosion. So, blink or recall back after sticking it so you wont be caught in the explosion.

Another character that's pretty mobile is Genji. Anyone can play Genji, but not everyone can be good with him. He can climb walls, double jump, deflect bullets back at the target, a dash forward that does damage, and he throws three rounds of shurikens that's good at killing things at close range or at a distance. His ability cool downs are rather longer compared to Tracer. Both deflect and his dash are both on a eight second cool down. His dash is instantly rested if you get an elimination using it. His ultimate is dragonblade, where he ditches using his shurikens and pulls out his katana. His ultimate last eight seconds and he can still dash and deflect. But, you can only melee while using your ultimate and you're also squishy to boot. Like with all ultimates in Overwatch, he pretty much announces that he's using it to both allies and enemies. So, use the ability while the enemy team is distracted or when you're at least protected by teammates.

Remember to keep calm, Tracer on, and Ryūjin no ken wo kurae!

The quoted post has been deleted.

Top things that Tracer players do that piss me off
-When they get into selfish 1v1 fights while the rest of the team is being cucked trying to cap
-When they run in thinking they are bad ass enough to 1v6 the entire team
-Wasting your ult on an attacker when they have no HP just to get a kill when they should be using it on tanks and defense heroes so the team can push
-Taking 10 damage then time travailing to get it back then taking another 10 to just running and pick up an hp pack
-Not doing dick in team fights other then missing and spamming the dash
-When they do bad but don't switch when we need it. I mean I understand people need to practice to get good but please if its 1 minute left and you're not contributing just switch
-Not switching when you have hard counters on the other team

Cool things Tracers do
-Being annoying and side harassing from a flank to distract the team
-Killing Rinhorn with the ult bomb
-Staying with the pay load or the objective to lock it down.
-Not being awful at the game.

Hauu! You must login or signup first!