13. Daughter/Suggestion-(MacKaye) from band Fugazi 1:00
14. Jeremy
15. Upper Hand
{Ed saw a protest about women’s rights}
16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 1:35
{dedicated to Amelia Ferguson who passed at a young age unexpectedly}
17. Black
18. Porch

19. Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)
20. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) :42
21. Why Go
22. Do The Evolution
23. Setting Sun
24. Alive (Ed goes into crowd)
25. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• coach pjcoach pj Posts: 226
    Amazing show, band sounded fantastic.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,095
    coach pj said:
    Amazing show, band sounded fantastic.
    Awesome great to hear! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,787
    edited June 22
    Eddie was a bit winded in between songs, which is why they added Eruption… outside of Dark Matter, it was probably the biggest greatest hits show I’ve seen to date, but my days of nit picking set lists are long gone… the only bad Pearl Jam show is no Pearl Jam show. 

The best part of the night (besides meeting some great fellow 10C members*) was the energy of the crowd. This country has waited 14 years to see this band… the excitement and joy was beyond infectious. 
    Dublin didn’t disappoint. This was a great night. 
    *Damien & Don it was a pleasure… hope to see you in Manchester
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 231
    Incredibly paint by numbers setlist, only just realised upon leaving the show. No real surprises or decent DM representation, thought it was great in the moment but nothing memorable in the slightest. 
  • CloneClone UK Posts: 146
    I'd prefer Setting Sun to close the show, Rockin' in the free world should be left alone but every other songs are bangers.
  • I’m underwhelmed by the set, and this might be at the bottom of my live show list. BUT it makes total sense that they would play the bangers and singalongs in a place they so rarely play, so I ain’t mad about it. The crowd fucking loved it and they joyed the crankiness right out of me during Jeremey 🤣. Eddie sounded good (although it’s a bit troubling that he was so winded so early on)! Met some cool people. The poem on the napkin was my highlight. Great show overall and I fucking love Dublin. Thanks PJ for introducing me to another city.  
  • runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 353
    Wow, Eruption?!
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,435
    The greatest hits set was perfect for the crowd who absolutely loved every song. 
    I have no problems at all with the set - Release was beautiful, the new songs KILLED, and I was emotional on a few occasions.

Ed was emotional at a couple of points too which just added to the whole powerful vibe. 

Rockin' In The Free World absolutely destroyed. The whole place was bonkers for it, you could see Ed was blown away by the reaction.

First show of the tour in the books and it was a great appetiser and a wonderful night. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • jjm33jjm33 Posts: 199
    Came over from Boston and my wife and I brought out boys (12 and 14), to their first PJ show. Crowd, vibe and set list worked great for their first show. Absolute blast!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,998
    jjm33 said:
    Came over from Boston and my wife and I brought out boys (12 and 14), to their first PJ show. Crowd, vibe and set list worked great for their first show. Absolute blast!
    AWESOME!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Any Photos?
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 601
    Perfect setlist for that type of show setup. Would've been fantastic.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,666
    Amazing the positive comments on this thread given the negative in the setlist thread.  No comments from me, was not at this one.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,378
    edited June 22
    Amazing the positive comments on this thread given the negative in the setlist thread.  No comments from me, was not at this one.  
    It's nice to see 
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Yeah, disappointed with the setlist. Given that no songs from Riot Act, Lightning Bolt or Gigaton have ever been played in Ireland, I was hoping they'd mix it up. Beyond DM songs, nothing from the last 25 years, and no No Code or Lost Dogs. And no Running. 
    That said, it was definitely a crowd that wanted the hits. And the band seemed to be having a blast. Mile was on fire, and even Stone looked happy! 
    Some really beautiful moments. The first 4 songs were perfect. Small Town and Corduroy really underlined that its been so long (14 years to the day) since they played here.
    Upper Hand was transcendent. The Evolution visuals were blistering. And so touching of Ed to dedicate Keep Me in Your Heart to Shane MacGowan and Sinéad O'Connor. I'd been wondering if he might mention them, so that really hit me in the feels. 
    One last gripe. Setting Sun was powerful but badly misplaced. Putting it between Evolution and Alive was weird and totally killed the momentum. If it had been Evolution/Alive/RitFW and then Setting Sun, it would've been a terrific ending. 

93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 601
    Usually people following setlist threads aren't at the show (I'd hope, anyway) and are judging a show from their keyboard, not from experience.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • This gig was perfect. I’ve been to plenty of PJ shows and went wanting Hard to Imagine, In My Tree, Of The Girl etc etc but guess what - the majority of the crowd wanted exactly what Pearl jam delivered. It’s been 14 years and they gave us the hits. The crowd absolutely lapped it up and I couldn’t help but feel grateful that we still have this band. It may be the last time in Dublin and maybe the time I’ll ever see them so I am thankful and absolutely buzzing after it. 

(As a mild aside - that setlist thread is full of miserable shits!)

so touching of Ed to dedicate Keep Me in Your Heart to Shane MacGowan and Sinéad O'Connor. I'd been wondering if he might mention them, so that really hit me in the feels. 

That was a great moment. 
  • fiofitzfiofitz Posts: 20
    Third time I've seen them since 2018 and all three shows opened with Release, goosebumps. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute, had a great spot towards the front surrounded by people who were sound. Just fantastic. Going to bed with a full and happy heart tonight, and memories to last my lifetime... 
    Any Photos?
    this one was taken at 9:30 or so… these late sunsets always f w/ me. 

My wife took this next picture… if the kissing couple are 10clubbers, I hope they see this… it’s a great shot. 

• fiofitzfiofitz Posts: 20
    I also really enjoyed the opening acts, first saw the Murder Capital in 2018 when they were starting out and they have the same energy, they're brilliant. Richard Ashcroft brought me back to the 90s, I loved the Verve's Urban Hymns album back then. 

I'm still buzzing over Pearl Jam though, took these photos

Pre show stage vacuuming!

• Some photos….
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,435
    Stone was very animated tonight. I had a great time watching him move in his silly ways. He really seemed to dig the new songs. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,379
    Some photos….
    Great photos! They all look super happy to be there. 

• deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,378
    I love the band happy faces
     Great pics
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984
    What a magical evening. It really was. My sons first PJ show..to see him dancing and singing was a huge moment for me. Brilliant set for the huge crowd.  I remember eddie said in pj20 documentary you can get away with a lot more in a small.show. it was a huge show and the set reflected it. The crowd were brilliant. I could be wrong but seemed like eddie asked someone to take a picture of the crowd during  RITFW. Crowd went bananas. The dark matter songs were amazing live.  Setting sun did it for me. The visuals.  This band just keep flooring me.  Was chatting to people from all over the world
     Brilliant to see. Safe trip home for everyone.  'This is the greatest band in the world'.

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Yeah, disappointed with the setlist. Given that no songs from Riot Act, Lightning Bolt or Gigaton have ever been played in Ireland, I was hoping they'd mix it up. Beyond DM songs, nothing from the last 25 years, and no No Code or Lost Dogs. And no Running. 
    That said, it was definitely a crowd that wanted the hits. And the band seemed to be having a blast. Mile was on fire, and even Stone looked happy! 
    Some really beautiful moments. The first 4 songs were perfect. Small Town and Corduroy really underlined that its been so long (14 years to the day) since they played here.
    Upper Hand was transcendent. The Evolution visuals were blistering. And so touching of Ed to dedicate Keep Me in Your Heart to Shane MacGowan and Sinéad O'Connor. I'd been wondering if he might mention them, so that really hit me in the feels. 
    One last gripe. Setting Sun was powerful but badly misplaced. Putting it between Evolution and Alive was weird and totally killed the momentum. If it had been Evolution/Alive/RitFW and then Setting Sun, it would've been a terrific ending. 

Perfectly said. 
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,615
    edited June 23
    Definitely just more proof that you have to be there. On paper I can understand not being that excited. This was my 28th show, obviously lots of hits, but the hits were hitting and I had a great time. Really was a fantastic show, Ed was quite emotional, seemed to legitimately have to stop himself from crying during the Modern Girl tag, I think he was just taking notice of how amazing his life is. So glad I was able to be there tonight, my first time seeing them outside of North America. Also appreciated the Suggestion tag on Daughter. Obviously a throwback for them to incorporate that one again. Amazing show, looking forward to some more shows in August and September as I make my way towards 30.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • PM126625PM126625 Posts: 5
    Sea said:
    Pearl Jam
    Marley Park
    Dublin, IE
    06/22/24
    Set list

Opening Bands:
    The Murder Capital
    Richard Ashcroft

Band Onstage 20:23
    Band Offstage 22:45
    Walk On music: Dark Entree

01. Release  (says oh dear Glen)
    02. Low Light
    03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    04. Corduroy
    05. Given To Fly
    06. Scared Of Fear
    07. Eruption-Van Halen
    08. React, Respond
    09. Wreckage
    {Happy Birthday Ales}
    10. Wishlist
    11. Even Flow
    12. Dark Matter
    {Ed recites lyrics about flying into Dublin and his friend Ed Burns}
    13. Daughter/Suggestion-(MacKaye) from band Fugazi 1:00
    14. Jeremy
    15. Upper Hand
    {Ed saw a protest about women’s rights}
    16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 1:35
    {dedicated to Amelia Ferguson who passed at a young age unexpectedly}
    17. Black
    18. Porch

19. Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)
    20. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) :42
    21. Why Go
    22. Do The Evolution
    23. Setting Sun
    24. Alive (Ed goes into crowd)
    25. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
    Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

• PM126625PM126625 Posts: 5
    edited June 23
    My 8th/9th time seeing the band (I’ve been a fan since 1991) and probably the most enjoyable Irish performance. The set list was full of hits and bangers and while I’d have loved something like Sad, or DOC, the set list suited the audience and venue well. Ed was definitely feeling it and out of breath several times - it appear end to be an emotional gig for him, and his speech about the Natasha O’Brien case was wonderful. I’m so glad they didn’t play any other covers which can ruin their set lists. Highlights: React, Respond, Jeremy (which they’ve reclaimed) and Porch. Lowlights RITFW. Fans were great especially up top, but friends at the back didn’t have the same sound experience. 
    Post edited by PM126625 on