*** Dublin, Ireland Fanviews Here 6.22.24 ***

2»

Comments

• TheGManTheGMan Cork Posts: 62
    The context is everything. 14 years of energy all unleashed in an outdoor setting on a beautiful summer's day. I saw Neil Young deliver a hits-only set at primavera, his first time playing Barcelona after a similarly long gap. A great band knows you can't just ignore that type of energy, you need to ride it. And as another poster said, the hits hit.

I loved every second.

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,746
    They went all in on the hits.  Every song people were dancing and singing save for the slow ones.  I loved it.   It was just a sea of people from the front to the back.  Very chill.   I like arenas but this was a beautiful setting for a show.  
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 234
    We had a fantastic day and night. Met some lovely new friends and old friends. Loved the new songs. Wish they didn’t play so much from Ten. But I get it. It’s disappointing to think of all the amazing songs they could play and I’m not talking specifically about rarities. Thank you PJ for coming to Ireland 🇮🇪. Mike McCready ROCKS 😉 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,891
    eboweddie said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • A few more pictures here. As others have said the energy was wild. Have seen the guys several times and this was the most ‘crowd-pleasing’ I’ve seen them. Dark Matter tracks were awesome, Wreckage is a fave and they absolutely nailed it .

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,012
    We (9 people in our group in total) pulled off a pretty great concert trip:

Thursday: landed in the morning and everyone was luckily able to check into our hotel rooms early. Took a couple of hours to rest & refresh, then explored the GPO Museum, followed by a one-pint-per-pub crawl back across the town before dinner. A couple of more pints near the hotel after dinner pushed us to a very jet-lag-friendly bedtime. 

Friday: we split up in the morning - I headed up to Portmarnock for a round of golf at Jameson Links, where I was paired with a pair of local Irish brothers (one of whom was a pro!) who were really delightful to play with, even if I didn’t exactly hang up a respectable score in my first real links round ever. Others from our group took a day trip down to Wicklow/Glendalough, and a couple of others just hung around the city. Regrouped for a few touristy pints in Temple Bar before dinner, then wrapped up the night with pints & music at O’Donaghue’s, where it suddenly got very late. 

Saturday: slept in a bit, then took care of the souvenir shopping for wives and kids. Did the Guinness storehouse/gravity bar, then a late-ish lunch at Brazen Head. Back to the hotel for a quick refresh, then hopped on the 6 pm bus to Marlay. The bus had no AC and our driver got lost, but all’s well that ends well - we got there in time to hit up a near-empty merch tent with plenty of t-shirts, posters and tea towels by the coach lot, then in to the venue for the last three songs from Richard Ashcroft (thank you, Golden Circle!). Enjoyed a fun show with a great crowd - of course I could complain about the setlist, but the new songs played great, the band seemed to be having fun and like I said the crowd was fantastic. No beers at the show due to the insane lines, but that was probably for the best (especially considering the toilet lines). Back in the city in time for one last pint.

No issues with the Sunday morning flight home. All in all a really great trip. 
    tdawe said:

Thursday: landed in the morning and everyone was luckily able to check into our hotel rooms early. Took a couple of hours to rest & refresh, then explored the GPO Museum, followed by a one-pint-per-pub crawl back across the town before dinner. A couple of more pints near the hotel after dinner pushed us to a very jet-lag-friendly bedtime. 

Friday: we split up in the morning - I headed up to Portmarnock for a round of golf at Jameson Links, where I was paired with a pair of local Irish brothers (one of whom was a pro!) who were really delightful to play with, even if I didn’t exactly hang up a respectable score in my first real links round ever. Others from our group took a day trip down to Wicklow/Glendalough, and a couple of others just hung around the city. Regrouped for a few touristy pints in Temple Bar before dinner, then wrapped up the night with pints & music at O’Donaghue’s, where it suddenly got very late. 

Saturday: slept in a bit, then took care of the souvenir shopping for wives and kids. Did the Guinness storehouse/gravity bar, then a late-ish lunch at Brazen Head. Back to the hotel for a quick refresh, then hopped on the 6 pm bus to Marlay. The bus had no AC and our driver got lost, but all’s well that ends well - we got there in time to hit up a near-empty merch tent with plenty of t-shirts, posters and tea towels by the coach lot, then in to the venue for the last three songs from Richard Ashcroft (thank you, Golden Circle!). Enjoyed a fun show with a great crowd - of course I could complain about the setlist, but the new songs played great, the band seemed to be having fun and like I said the crowd was fantastic. No beers at the show due to the insane lines, but that was probably for the best (especially considering the toilet lines). Back in the city in time for one last pint.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip @tdawe Where were you travelling from/to?

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,012
    TheGMan said:
    tdawe said:

Everyone was coming from the NY/NJ area. 
    tdawe said:
    TheGMan said:
    tdawe said:

Everyone was coming from the NY/NJ area. 
    Brilliant. Delighted you had a great time and got here and back safely.

• reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 274
    Who is Glen?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,148
    Hansard 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SeanieSeanie Posts: 5
    I'm am still pumped after Saturday. The set list was amazing. 
    Highlights :  
    Release
    Wreckage
    Upper Hand
    Jeremy
    Elderly...
    Low Light
    Setting Sun
    Eddie talking about the Dublin march in solidarity with Natasha.
    Lovely tribute to Amelia who had Black played at her funeral.

I could go on.

• reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 274
    Hansard 
    Interesting that he would reference him in the song Release 
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    rey said:
    Hansard 
    Interesting that he would reference him in the song Release 
    I reckon he was just thinking about someone who was absent who he wished could be there to "see this now".
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,095
    Could end up being the best set of the tour! 😉
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • I've been to my share of PJ shows, including Dublin, and listening back to the boot I can honestly say this show was up with the best PJ shows I've been to. Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2022 which were highlights for me and fantastic shows, Marlay Park energy is fricking nuts; Dark Matter is ridiculous, Corduroy blew the roof off and hands down the tightest, best version of DTE that I've heard yet. Band were clearly having a great time as well. Recommend not to sleep on this boot because it's a 'hits' setlist
    I've been to my share of PJ shows, including Dublin, and listening back to the boot I can honestly say this show was up with the best PJ shows I've been to. Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2022 which were highlights for me and fantastic shows, Marlay Park energy is fricking nuts; Dark Matter is ridiculous, Corduroy blew the roof off and hands down the tightest, best version of DTE that I've heard yet. Band were clearly having a great time as well. Recommend not to sleep on this boot because it's a 'hits' setlist
    Tentatively Listened to it last week worried the show wouldn't come through like the memory. Thankfully I was wrong. Absolutely electric energy throughout.

• Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 326
    I've been to my share of PJ shows, including Dublin, and listening back to the boot I can honestly say this show was up with the best PJ shows I've been to. Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2022 which were highlights for me and fantastic shows, Marlay Park energy is fricking nuts; Dark Matter is ridiculous, Corduroy blew the roof off and hands down the tightest, best version of DTE that I've heard yet. Band were clearly having a great time as well. Recommend not to sleep on this boot because it's a 'hits' setlist
    I listened to the boot & thought it was awesome! Would have been a great show!