09. Corduroy
10. Even Flow
{Next song is dedicated to Celia who requested it}
11. In My Tree
12. Dark Matter
13. Jeremy
14. Habit
15. Upper Hand
16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
17. Porch

Encore Break

18. Just Breathe
19. Wasted Reprise {during this Ed discusses his health issue that prevented them from playing}
20. Life Wasted
21. Do The Evolution
22. Setting Sun
23. Alive
24. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
Ed sings Olė football chant with audience at the end as band leaves the stage

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,768
    Thank you Pearl Jam! 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,647
    Thank you Pearl Jam! 

• craw19craw19 Posts: 5
    That was some gig. 10th for me and easily in top 3. Ed on great form, band tight and oh my god the Barca crowd were insane. I thought the Italians were wild but this was another level. 

Opening trio of songs was sublime, great mix of hits and deep cuts. Made new friends, connected, and left a happy man. This band still continues to move me in ways other bands fail to. 

Thank you, Barcelona. Wish I was here for Monday too!

• MH66460MH66460 Posts: 51
    edited July 6

Post edited by MH66460 on
  • MH66460MH66460 Posts: 51

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,036

Encore Break

19. Wasted Reprise {during this Ed discusses his health issue that prevented them from playing}

So, what did he say?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,025
    Amoungst other things that it felt like a life and death moment, that at times he couldn’t breathe and thought it might end up in hospital. He said it was something he’ll never forget 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,095
    edited July 6
    LukinFan said:

Encore Break

So, what did he say?
    It was posted in the setlist thread, he mentioned the struggle to breathe and went to the hospital? Said a few band members were sick. Something to that effect. Possible covid but I’m only speculating. 

From DimitrisPJ:
    Eddie talked how bad was it while was sick
    A couple in the band had it. Couldnt breathe, je was thinking how i can pull through the night and need to go to hospital.. Was scary. So he will not forget it anytime soon same barca show cos means alot 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,746
    I walked a long way and found a cab. Was a blast but don’t remember a damn thing,  sleepy time.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,666
    Flew over from Canada for the Barcelona shows even though there was a risk they wouldn’t play.  Very happy with N1.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 48
    Great show, fantastic crowd. Would have been even greater if the U2 One Cover that was soundchecked would have been played too. Hoping for that on Monday.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,378
    Flew over from Canada for the Barcelona shows even though there was a risk they wouldn’t play.  Very happy with N1.  
    So glad you went! I wish I could have been there with ya 
  • chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 312
    Eddie said he would be better at Spanish in a few years after he lives in Spain. He said they are moving to Spain in December!
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    chaslil said:
    Eddie said he would be better at Spanish in a few years after he lives in Spain. He said they are moving to Spain in December!
    Wonderful! =) I volunteer to show him around.  ;) Got some good wine bars I could introduce him to. And I'll take him to Club Ukulele de Madrid.  B)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • mark201062mark201062 Wisconsin Posts: 2
    Does anybody know if the Barcelona merch stand is open today (Sunday) ?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,548
    Thank you PJ. We had a blast
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 248
    I brought my kids (11 & 9)here from the US. This trip is as much to see the band as it is to feel the energy of the Barca fans. I wanted them to experience a wild party like we knew back in the day. Thank you, Barcelona for delivering. Amazing to be surrounded by such passionate fans. Let's do this again on Monday. 
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 130
    Vedder Vineyards!!
  • aboldabold Posts: 1
    edited July 7
    Thank you, Pearl Jam, for this amazing night!

Post edited by abold on
  • greenmannycgreenmannyc Posts: 11
    Amazing concert. Wonderful setlist. Band and especially Eddie seemed very gratefull and relieved of being back on stage and they delivered a great show. Eddie’s voice sounded awesome and fully recovered. Show was not sold out but the crowd was great too, people from all over the world (we were next to a couple who were from Colorado). Looking forward to tomorrow’s gig! Let’s hope they play Black, Daughter, State Of love and trust, Rockin in the free world, and some tunes from VS (Animal would make my day)
  • Magic_NYCMagic_NYC Posts: 30
    So glad the boys are healthy. Saying “salud” never meant more. 

Missed night 1 due to user error on a flight mix up. Will definitely make it to night 2. I second the shout out for some Vs.(Animal, Leash…). I saw them here in 2018 and can’t wait to feel the energy of the crowd again. Te quiero España!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    edited July 7
    Some photos I took. 
    Post edited by satansbed on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,149
    Great pictures 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,086
    What a phenomenal night. One of the best PJ crowds I’ve had the pleasure to be part of. Band was on fire, especially Ed. 

And I finally got In My Tree and Habit (both terrific versions). Worth all the effort to travel and stress about will they be playing. Can’t wait for tomorrow!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,294
    Seen almost 20 pj gigs and this one I needed. I’ve been fighting severe depression the last few months. The set wasn’t all my fav tunes or picks but what I needed to hear. I was in tears many times and felt so connected to the show. Uplifting. 

Killer version of Present Tense. Awesome crowd. Band was lit. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Mookie1227Mookie1227 Posts: 2
    edited July 7
    Have an extra 10C Pit ticket for Monday, giving it away for free. Can meet in 10C entrance.
    Plan to go to Palau Sant Jordi around 4pm.
    Let me know!
    Post edited by Mookie1227 on
  • hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 126
    Have an extra 10C Pit ticket for Monday, giving it away for free. Can meet in 10C entrance.
    Plan to go to Palau Sant Jordi around 4pm.
    Let me know!

Just sent you an DM!
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 15,025
    Phenomenal show, great energy and passion from the band - they looked to be having the best time up there and enjoying every second. Sounded amazing and the crowd was just immense. 

Easily the best Corduroy I ever saw too
  • BobeknakloBobeknaklo Posts: 1
    Can anyone post what Eddie said in Spanish?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,803
    Eddie and his family are moving to Spain???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata