07/08/24
Show two Set List

Opening Band: The Murder Capital
Walk On Music: Dark Entree
Band Onstage 9:07
Band Offstage 11:28

01. Oceans
02. Off He Goes
03. Daughter/Rise-(Lydon,Laswell) Public Image LTD :31 seconds, It’s Okay-(Cole) :16 seconds Dead Moon
04. Once
05. Why Go
06. Scared Of Fear
07. React, Respond
08. 1/2 Full
09.  Wreckage
10.  Even Flow
11. better to worse-improvisation-(Ed improvs song to audience continuing to sing at the end of Even Flow)
12. Immortality
13. Who Ever Said/(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction-(Jagger, Richards) :11 seconds in style of Devo
14. Corduroy
(The next song dedicated a very important artist Antoni Gaudí and the kind people at Casa Batlló)
15. Waiting For Stevie
16. Something Special (Ed stops song over incident in crowd)
17. Do The Evolution
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break

19. Smile
20. Running
21. State Of Love And Trust
22. Black
23. Alive
24. Rocking In The Free World-(Young) with The Murder Capital
25. Yellow Ledbetter with Carlos from the audience

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

So long playing for the hardcore fans 😞
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,792
    Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

LOL... Grow up 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,374
    1/2 Full and Whoever Said = great surprises. That's a great looking opening and encore set. I'm glad everyone is healthy again.
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 314
    Merci Pearl Jam ...  :o:heart::rock_on:

1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 749
    Blood spilled during Something Special, of all songs… 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• JG5290JG5290 Philadelphia Posts: 37
    have logged lots of shoes.  Black was PHENOMENAL.  Never thought I would type that.  Excellent.
  • coreystackcoreystack Posts: 11

Maybe next time they're in town, Ed and the guys can just swing by your place and play Foxymop and Whale Song for you, instead of playing playing beloved classics to a sold out venue of adoring fans.  
    Jones Beach 8/25/00
    Albany 4/29/03 
    MSG 7/9/03
    Chicago 5/16/06
    Denver 7/3/06
    Vegas 7/6/06
    The Vic 8/2/07
    MSG 6/24/08
    MSG 6/25/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Phoenix 5/9/2022
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,095
    Looks like two great shows in Barca. Hope everyone enjoyed the shows. Great to hear the band is back and firing. Looking forward to following to the two festival sets later in the week. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,087
    For the love of all that is sacred,  does someone has a vídeo of smile and the names on the screen? My wifes name and mine were there "Pedro & Inês to your future days " we couldnt believe it!!! Or just a picture of it will do. Please help us out!!!!
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,666
    Great show.  Flying home tomorrow and counting down the 7 weeks until Indy.  Slow counting is okay.  No need for summer to fly by.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,585
    edited July 9

Just got home. Fantastic show! The band was on fire, and especially Eddie and Mike left absolutely everything on stage. 

One of the better show I have seen to be honest. There have been better setlists for sure, but the passion from both the band and the crowd made this one to remember. Crowd was in it 100%, animated and responsive from start to end. And Mike was perhaps the best I have ever seen him. 

Waiting for Stevie was a blast, absolutely  phenomenal. Best live song from the new album imo. Other highlights were Immortality, Corduroy, Half Full, Black, Even Flow and Off He Goes.

Great stuff! 

Edit: *Also met a couple from Portugal at a restaurant before the show. I hope they had a good time as well. Also, shout out to the couple from New York I chatted with in the merch line. 

Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,576

Ive been to 50+ shows going back to the 90s and would be mad if those werent included. Give me dark matter and some of those hits please.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 984
    What a night. Serious crowd.. singing every word
    .unbelievable set. 3 of my top 5 played. Heaven.. take.a bow barcelona..you were amazing.  The pad taken onto stage for LYB
     Dreams came through. The greatest band in the world.  So delighted to see them tonight..we are blessed 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Pinner73Pinner73 Manchester UK Posts: 1
    Going to the Manchester show and having the privilege of attending tonight has genuinely been 2 of the best weeks of my life, just absolutely stunning. 

Cling on to these boys for as long as we can cos they truly are Something Special ❤️❤️❤️
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,033
    Hmmm, no "Dark Matter" for the first time. And then there were three (songs played at every show thus far in 2024): "Alive," "React, Respond" and "Wreckage."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,777

LOL... Grow up 
    😂😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,777
    Great show.  Flying home tomorrow and counting down the 7 weeks until Indy.  Slow counting is okay.  No need for summer to fly by.  
    You know that after the 4th summer just flys by 😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,517

LOL... Grow up 
    Great idea! That will help ticket sales. Don’t play the best songs because this guy wants to hear Hitchhiker
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,444
    Looks like a great setlist to me. Hope everyone had a blast!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • ChimisteChimiste Posts: 6
    edited July 9
    What a show !!
    Great setlist : Waiting for Stevie was amazing live ! Nice surprises (Immortality, Half full, Off he goes)
    The crowd had a lot of energy ! It was crowded, hot but fucking good ! Eddie did some improvisation after Even flow cause the crowd did not stop to sing during minutes !! Rearviewmirror was incredible. Band was in fire : Mike, Eddie but I also saw Stone dance !!
    Thanks also to the people I met during the show, Zac, his son & wife and 2 couples of brasilian friends. Thanks for the beers. Pearl jam is a real family !
    End of Dark matter show for me after Dublin. Memories for Life.
    if someone has the setlist or great pictures, please share.
    Antoine from France

Post edited by Chimiste on
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 121

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 878

• Em1983Em1983 Colborne ontario Posts: 10
    Flew in from Canada Friday morning, both shows unbelievable the people of Barcelona one of a kinda so passionate, it was like the energy from the crowd was directed intravenously into the bands veins ( as was so wisely put to me from a fan from the USA ) heading to Portugal now b4 we fly home. Barcelona we miss you already!
    A special mention to the dickhead taxi drivers trying to charge people 100 quid back into the city centre.  Wankers 

• HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 121

eboweddie said:
    A special mention to the dickhead taxi drivers trying to charge people 100 quid back into the city centre.  Wankers 

Always a risk - last train to my hotel cost 2.60 Euros.  #planahead 

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 878
    eboweddie said:

Oh man terrible🤣.
    My hotel was 3 kilometers from the venue. Asked them how much....50 euros🤣
  • mark201062mark201062 Wisconsin Posts: 2
    2 amazing nights. Very special…..hope everyone travels safely. Does anybody know where I can get the 33 t shirt worn by Jeff at the shows ?
    3 wanted 100 payment before he left. Said no
     Then a gentleman stopped. 20 quid to hotel 
    .pure decent man.