*** Barcelona, Spain 2 Fanviews Here 7.8.24 ***

13»

Comments

• Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 147
    Great shots. I like a baseball hat Vedder on stage!
    Roma 1996 - Milano 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milano 2014 - EV Firenze & Taormina I+II 2017 - EV Barolo 2019 - Imola 2022 - Barcelona II 2024
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,148

Fantastic night in Barcelona, booked only a couple of days before, having missed out in London, I had to pull out all the stops to go.

Thoroughly enjoyed the crowd and the band, from down near the front and everyone was in fine form, have never stood in front of Jeff before so really enjoyed this. 

Started the show by ‘completing’ Ten with Oceans, and into another favourite, Off He Goes!  The big hits were even better in the crowd, I fell back in love with Even Flow and the crowd singalong at the end was brilliant and led to a lovely improv.  Rearviewmirror was also a big highlight at the end of the main set.

Then, in the encore I got my favourite song on No Code, Smile, live for the first time at the 14th time of hoping!  Beamed from ear-to-ear throughout it.  Then into Running and a fierce SOLAT.  I had almost run out of energy at this point, but it’s hard not to jump around a little to RITFW.  Then a good singalong of Yellow Ledbetter to see us off into the night.

Easily my favourite show I have seen since 2006.  I have now scratched my itch, and shall just patiently await the next return to Europe.

Thanks PJ and everyone at the Palau Sant Jordi!

Peace,
    Matt

❤️
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • greenmannycgreenmannyc Posts: 11
    Great show. Crowd was less enthusiastic than in the first show, it seemed they were playing in a different country/city. Setlist was fantastic and encore was epic. Long live to PJ.
  • MS142392MS142392 Posts: 39
    Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

So long playing for the hardcore fans 😞
    Maybe next time they're in town, Ed and the guys can just swing by your place and play Foxymop and Whale Song for you, instead of playing playing beloved classics to a sold out venue of adoring fans.  
    I love Corey's comment and am so tired of elitist fans constantly demanding the most obscure setlists at all times. A show without Corduroy leaves a gaping hole, IMO. Barcelona 2 looks like a great setlist to me!

While I'm not a "Greatest Hits" person, I'd take seemingly forgotten "hits" like Dissident and Not for You and In Hiding over the deeper cuts and covers any day...
    3/20/94--Ann Arbor, MI
    6/14/98--Washington, DC
    8/7/00--Atlanta, GA
    4/28/03--Philadelphia, PA
    10/3/05--Philadelphia, PA
    6/19/08--Camden, NJ
    10/31/09--Philadelphia, PA (viva la Spectrum)
    10/21/13--Philadelphia, PA
    4/29/16--Philadelphia, PA (a/k/a The Night They Played TEN)
    9/14/22–Camden, NJ
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,895
    MS142392 said:
    Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

So long playing for the hardcore fans 😞
    Maybe next time they're in town, Ed and the guys can just swing by your place and play Foxymop and Whale Song for you, instead of playing playing beloved classics to a sold out venue of adoring fans.  
    I love Corey's comment and am so tired of elitist fans constantly demanding the most obscure setlists at all times. A show without Corduroy leaves a gaping hole, IMO. Barcelona 2 looks like a great setlist to me!

While I'm not a "Greatest Hits" person, I'd take seemingly forgotten "hits" like Dissident and Not for You and In Hiding over the deeper cuts and covers any day...
    I do not agree that no Corduroy would leave a gaping hole.

But after the reception of Corduroy the first night, I can absolutely see why they put it in for night 2 also.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,585
    Corduroy is one of those songs that casual fans will enjoy even if they are unfamiliar with the song from before. I have noticed that before when friends tagging along not knowing their catalogue too well. Song has a great drive, and most importantly; sounds great live.
    I will swallow poison